FREE! Tethered Shooting Software for Nikon DSLR Cameras

Peterleenc

Dec 27, 2010
Tethered Shooting means you can link your DSLR directly to your PC. Once you shoot a photo the software will directly transfer to photo onto your PC and show it on your monitor. It can also remote taking photo from your Computer.

However the original Nikon Software "Camera Control Pro V2" is only for limited Nikon Model.
(The Camera Control Pro Software has many features to control the camera remotely)

I am a D3100 user this model is not supported by the Nikon Camera Control Pro software,so I look around and found this FREE software "DIYPhotobits.com Camera Control" you can remotely (USB link) shuttle release and the camera take the photo and transfer automatically to the computer and show on your 21" monitor! (But it only show the JPG file not the NEF file.) so if you take RAW + JPG the software will shown the JPG photo on screen. Sweet! (As it is Free! :bsmilie:)

Link to the download:
http://www.diyphotobits.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/DIYPhotoBits.com-Camera-Control-5.2.zip

Link to the webpage:
http://www.diyphotobits.com/download-diyphotobitscom-camera-control/

Chinese New Year family photo shot at home, you can link your camera to computer by USB and show the picture instantly on the monitor is that Great!

Hope this is a useful sharing!

Thanks for sharing. I was using the Nikon Capture to do the same thing. Got to try out this software and see what it offers.

ovaltinemilo said:
Thanks for sharing. I was using the Nikon Capture to do the same thing. Got to try out this software and see what it offers.

Nikon Capture is not a tethered software only the Nikon Camera Control Pro but only for selected model

This Nikontrol software didn't work for my D3100 :cry:

Make sure your USB transfer is set to PTP/MTP and not Data transfer.

There were people who were successful in using it.

What operating system are you on? I think there were some problems with vista.
Make sure you read the replies from the users.

My lengthy reply under "Eric Lam" should give some idea what needs to be set.
Hope it helps.