free storage space for clubsnap members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahbeng

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
I was thinking of this idea for each clubsnap member to have some storage space, perhaps 1 mb for us to post our downsize pictures without linking from foreign sites. any comments?

plenty of possibilities for abuse.

i think my idea was mistaken, what i meant was just to post just 1 or 2 photo sometimes, for comment only (just each of us have some storage space for our pm). Afterall, we have moderators, rules and conditions to keep abusers out.

1mb mayb 5 buck per year lor... if you offer free, some got use no use also take up, 1k of ppl subscribe, any problem 1k ppl find u. i'd rather not take the risk. esp its free. also 1k=1gig storage, not much but still some kinda money involve.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
1mb mayb 5 buck per year lor... if you offer free, some got use no use also take up, 1k of ppl subscribe, any problem 1k ppl find u. i'd rather not take the risk. esp its free. also 1k=1gig storage, not much but still some kinda money involve.

ya, i think $5 is reasonable.

What about setting a time limit?
after X days/weeks, photos will be deleted...

ahbeng said:
i think my idea was mistaken, what i meant was just to post just 1 or 2 photo sometimes, for comment only (just each of us have some storage space for our pm). Afterall, we have moderators, rules and conditions to keep abusers out.

Erm... well if it is 1 or 2 pictures... CS Admin can consider??
i think most CS's members are good people and won't abuse the priviledge given...! right? :cool:

Its just 1 or 2 picture space, if the member wants more, then he would have to sign up for the plan..... ;)

Isn't this a good way of marketing too??

just my 2 cents...

AReality said:
What about setting a time limit?
after X days/weeks, photos will be deleted...

this is also another good idea!! but more job to the mods i guess :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Acieed said:
I think the $36 p.a. value plan for hosting on CS is pretty affordable for most enthusiasts and it keeps the abusers out. Not that I have anything to gain from it besides the fact that it helps keep CS going. :)

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=51043

:thumbsup: Yup, nothing is free. There are no advertisements/pop-ups banner ads on clubsnap.

I think its unfair to expect the 'founding members'/admin to come up with more money to sponsor webspace for members who don't want to spend $36/year. ($3/month? 1 day a month you don't eat lunch can already)

Status
Not open for further replies.