Free Spots for 2014 AirShow to view Fly Past

EisMann

Feb 15, 2013
Singapore
Afternoon,

For those who have being for the last 2 AirShows, what are the spots not restricted to members of public to take photos?
My last visit was long time ago. I alighted at Changi Cargo Complex, walked to the beach in front and watched the flypast.

Since then, is there any restriction for the members of public to alight at the Changi Cargo Complex bus-stop other than for those staff working in that area?

Or we have to alight in Changi Village and walk in?

Thank You
EisMann

I just went last weekend, you should alight at SAF ferry terminal and walk to the beach. Changi village is still very far from the beach side.

Afternoon,

For those who have being for the last 2 AirShows, what are the spots not restricted to members of public to take photos?
My last visit was long time ago. I alighted at Changi Cargo Complex, walked to the beach in front and watched the flypast.

Since then, is there any restriction for the members of public to alight at the Changi Cargo Complex bus-stop other than for those staff working in that area?

Thank You
EisMann

I think there should not be any problems with getting off at the bus stop right outside the security checkpoint. To be fair I only used the bus stop right after the checkpoint to get out of the CP6 area but I dont see a problem with it.

I second what the other guy above said about Changi Village being far in. Please dont do that unless you really want to enjoy the sea breeze. I estimated we took a leisurely walk of about 20min to reach Changi Village from CP6.

I think there should not be any problems with getting off at the bus stop right outside the security checkpoint. To be fair I only used the bus stop right after the checkpoint to get out of the CP6 area but I dont see a problem with it.

I second what the other guy above said about Changi Village being far in. Please dont do that unless you really want to enjoy the sea breeze. I estimated we took a leisurely walk of about 20min to reach Changi Village from CP6.

You mean the bus go into the cargo area and not staff can go in there. May I know where is the bus end point.

You mean the bus go into the cargo area and not staff can go in there. May I know where is the bus end point.

I reckon those with a pass can carry on with the bus into the area. Those without a pass would have to alight at the security checkpoint, i.e. Police Pass Office. There should be a bus stop there.

At least for bus service 9, it is a loop service. There are about 3-4 stops within the compound before it loops at the Airfreight Terminal Building.

Hence for fellow bros who are keen on taking a bus as close to Changi Beach as possible, probably should consider getting off at the 'Police Pass Office' bus stop.

https://maps.google.com.sg/maps?sad...QaSdzzaMTGyyF7v7Y68cg&oq=saf+&t=h&mra=ls&z=16

Drop at the SAF Ferry Terminal bus stop and walk along Changi Cost Track till you reach the beach near Changi Ferry terminal.
Distance around 1.8km.
That's the best spot & you won't be alone..

Thanks Don Chua, thanks everyone.

Just hope that day I don't encounter any over zealous security guard on that day in these recommended areas.

Thank You
EisMann

That should be a public area. Hope no security too. Maybe ISD?

I think thats the old CEC site near cargo centre. Back then access is blocked from changi village onwards plus the entire stretch of the beach in between
Even though changi village can still offer a good view of fly past.

As suggested for its current remote location, better to drop at saf ferry terminal n trek along the beach to next ferry terminal but would not be as close up as Asian Aerospace days.

Afternoon,

Thank You
EisMann

I think thats the old CEC site near cargo centre. Back then access is blocked from changi village onwards plus the entire stretch of the beach in between

As suggested for its current remote location, better to drop at saf ferry terminal n trek along the beach to next ferry terminal but would not be as close up as Asian Aerospace days.

I was there this morning. Drop at Cargo Complex and walked towards jetty.
The display lasted an hour.10.25-11.25.

Beach quite empty.

Do take note of a pair sea eagles hovering above the tree line.

Thank You
EisMann

I was there this morning. Drop at Cargo Complex and walked towards jetty.
The display lasted an hour.10.25-11.25.

Beach quite empty.

Do take note of a pair sea eagles hovering above the tree line.

Thank You
EisMann