Free public stargazing event at SAFRA Jurong - 20 April 2013 (Sat)

astrosg

Deregistered
Jun 2, 2012
There is a free stargazing + talk at SAFRA Jurong this coming Saturday evening, 20 April 2013.

SAFRA%2520StarGazing.jpg

More info and the latest updates: Stargazing for Beginners - SAFRA Jurong- 20 April (Sat)

Weather permitting, other than event photography, you can try to shoot Moon and Saturn through the telescopes (afocal astrophotography). Not the best method compared to prime photography but you will be surprised how decent the images may be if you have not try that before, especially on Moon.

This talk is not specifically about astrophotography but if you are new to stargazing, it may be nice introduction to the basics which may help you to progress to astrophotography faster and choosing the right astro equipment the first time round.

Event is tonight. Very good response for the talk and most of my friends are able to bring their telescopes down later.

This is one of the telescope that will be there tonight - 14-inch diameter SCT:

c14-1-web.jpg

More info about the event tonight with map and directions to SAFRA Jurong:
ASTRO.SG: Stargazing Event at SAFRA Jurong - 20 April 2013

May I check what gears should I bring along for astro photography? I have never shoot before. Thanks

May I check what gears should I bring along for astro photography? I have never shoot before. Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. Just saw your post.

For afocal astrophotography of Moon, just your camera will do. Shoot Moon by pointing your camera slightly above the eyepiece location of the telescope.

For prime astrophotography of non-lunar objects, you will need the proper camera adapter to connect your DSLR camera to the visual back of the telescope with a tracking mount. This kind of "proper" astrophotography is too complex and time-consuming to be performed during public stargazing events.