Free online photo gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

St[A]LkEr

Oct 22, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi, juz some good news for those who are searching for some online space to upload your photos.

My friend actually offer his hosting webspace to photography enthusiasts who like to share their masterpiece with people of the same interest. You can register at his gallery and start uploading your masterpiece
- http://gallery.greensg.org

He is offering 1GB space per registered user. The space size may change depending on response. Hotlinking is enabled so u can always link your photos directly to clubsnap forum. Exif info are also enabled in the gallery. User can create public or private album in the gallery.

The offer for the online gallery is purely out of charity and interest. My friend and I are both amateur photographers and we are still improving our skills in photography. We encourage photographers to share their great compositions online and exposing amateur photographers to the vast diversification of photography. AND of course, we discourage ripping of ppl's work.

Rgs,
James

wah so good arh. I'll gladly register if not for my daily photoblog.
Just curious, how much space/bandwidth did you all buy? 1GB per user is alot!

gdluck with the gallery :)

Thanks for your interest and concern Ming Lee

We had a 10GB server with 100GB bandwidth but i think it will hardly reach that extreme limit in a month's time without any abuse. We will keep track of the space usage and will make necessary changes if required. At the same time, we will assure all users of the gallery will have enough space to upload their photos.

Maybe at a later time, we may ask for donation from users :bsmilie: . But not to worry, we say FREE means FREE. Forever FREE gallery. Any donation is optional.

Rgds
James

upz for u..v gd webbie..hope the response is gd! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yeah you guys should also check out www.fotofile.org Its an exciting site as well.

They say they give you 15mb but really i think they give a lots more. My frenz are enjoying almost 50 mb hosting some of themz.

Some more the site is good for beginners and very helpful. :cool:

devilicboy said:
upz for u..v gd webbie..hope the response is gd! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks! ;)
Till now response quite ok. Some even posted their work there oredi. Check them out! :bigeyes:

hi, i have submitted, but have not received the activation email :dunno:

The activation email shld be sent right after you register.
You may wish to retry again see if it helps, or else you may wish to try other email address and register again.

NOTE : I have trouble sending mails to outblaze.com mails servers and those mail registered from mail.com. yahoo and hotmail is ok

Harlequin said:
Cool...just registered and tested some uploads.

Registration was quick and fast.

Only small problem was no multiple uploads of pictures.

yup quick fast and easy too use best part only a few people using hehe.... same problem here with the 1 file upload at a time.... quite tedious to keep clicking....

Harlequin said:
Cool...just registered and tested some uploads.

Registration was quick and fast.

Only small problem was no multiple uploads of pictures.
I will look into this problem and upgrade the gallery if possible

james m said:
I have tried both url's and no go for me ....
Strange...makes me wonder wat's the problem

St[A]LkEr said:
The activation email shld be sent right after you register.
You may wish to retry again see if it helps, or else you may wish to try other email address and register again.

NOTE : I have trouble sending mails to outblaze.com mails servers and those mail registered from mail.com. yahoo and hotmail is ok

how to i get it to resend the activation email? i am using mail.com

thanks

then said:
how to i get it to resend the activation email? i am using mail.com

thanks
We are still resolving the problem as outblaze.com blocks our server ip for sending emails. We hope to get it fixed as soon as possible so that future users of mail.com can registered the gallery with their email.

Meanwhile, maybe you can tell me your username registered in the gallery so that I can manually activate your user account.

Does the gallery compress the photo further after uploading? I find the photos that I uploaded to be softer.

Falcon said:
Does the gallery compress the photo further after uploading? I find the photos that I uploaded to be softer.
yes, in order to conserve space usage in the gallery, we have made a little compression to uploaded photos. But have also have considered quality of photo after being uploaded so we have set the quality of jpg to be 88. I hope this is an acceptable value. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.