Free Model shoots for your portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,
its truth that we are not charging our models for any shoots. as mentioned in the earlier post, its a win win situtation.

SO far there are more than 20 photographers shooting for my models.

i dun see there is any harm in doing this. I am running a business with no profit in any where. Models get the pic. photographer get the model and we the agency get the pic of the model to promote that.

lil_princess said:
dawgbyte77 said:
I was with 4 more photographers and if they did go through and have no complaints, maybe it is a good deal for some of the members here.QUOTE]

Maybe the other 4 who may have go thru with it feels like its good to take pics for models frm that relatively well-known agency... so they wun mind even if the MUA is like maybe.... not so experienced and will be free?? thats why they may have no complaints??

For those who still deciding or what, do think twice.
And Ihope those girls who see his ad in the papers will not be gullible.

Kindly refrain from any banal/OT comments, which will be summarily ignored and referred for further action if necessary. If you have any issues to clarify, please email me instead.
pls take note that your comment will be taking to record for legal action should you post further comments that are not ture or that you assumed.

Godzilla Invades said:
Contract is not clear cut. So the agency cannot take any action against photographers. My friends who use to be their models just break their contract on the spot.

The contract is not even legal in the eyes of the law.

What else can this person comes up with?

Instead of hiring photographers to shoot for the agency but at the end of the day the agency gets photos for free, MUA free and asking the photographers to cover their rental.

Some studio only charges $200 for whole day but the agency is charging $200 to the photographers for 4 hours. Man this is daylight robbery.

I think the advertisement only stated recruit models and get photos for free but still need to pay the agency for catwalk and grooming. The owner never does anything for free.

Anything else new can you come up with? Why don't you state clearly your conditions to the members in this forum and don't beat round the bush.

hi all. i appreiciate No further comments that are not truth on a company and business that is running and offering shootings FOC.

reannemia said:
Agreed. I really see no fuss about this.

Granted that an agency wants to view folios to select photographers (new or pro) that can produce pictures that suit their agency's image/comp cards.

Models, wardrobe, makeup are provided. All they ask for is an extra CD. What's the hoo haa about?

Must pay make noise. Now don't need to pay anything also must make noise.

tsk tsk.

pls note that Due to the unnecessary comments in thsi forum on my company offering, we have decided to closed this position.

Exisiting shooters whom i met, should there be any doubts, pls do not heisitate to contact me.

And for those who commented stuffs that are not truth, pls take note that we ll not hesiate to take legal action against you on any damages that you casued directly of indirectly to my company.

thank y0u for your attention.

just to clarify we had mentioned to our ne wmodels that this is a test shoots and they ll not have to pay. In fact, there are agencies out there that collect $ from the mdoels and get the photographers to shoot FOC.

Which is better?

We had make it every clear to all parties that there are no $ involved in all parties involved.

lil_princess said:
Cant believe it... A rather well-known person in the modelling industry who had won several awards have stood so low to 'recruit' for BOTH photographers n MUAs for his new intake of models.

I mean photographers are okie.. Even MUAs???

And I feel that the classified ad makes these inspiring models-to-be to want to take up that offer.....

And I bet that these models dunno that the MUA and photographers are not paid by the agency. But are doing it for free. And if they were to have that sort of thinking, they will think that this agency is so good to them.

Though, its otherwise! Haha! :blah:

*sacarstic grin*

p/s: For those who have Pm-ed me, thx for ur concern, guys!! ;p
I ain't that stupid. :p

How come you just lift my sentence wholesale arh...

see http://clubsnap.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136654

ModelBooker said:
Kindly refrain from any banal/OT comments, which will be summarily ignored and referred for further action if necessary. If you have any issues to clarify, please email me instead.

Hi there,
May i know where do you get the fact that I am charging 200$ for using the studio?

i mentioned to all photographers that Everything is on own cost. But if they need a studio, they can share the studio with other photographers that own a studio. i am not talking about my studio as It not for rent.

If its $200.00 for whole day, then the photographer ll have to see how many of them wants to share the cost using the " Studio"

So pls do not make false statements. thank you

Godzilla Invades said:
Contract is not clear cut. So the agency cannot take any action against photographers. My friends who use to be their models just break their contract on the spot.

The contract is not even legal in the eyes of the law.

What else can this person comes up with?

Instead of hiring photographers to shoot for the agency but at the end of the day the agency gets photos for free, MUA free and asking the photographers to cover their rental.

Some studio only charges $200 for whole day but the agency is charging $200 to the photographers for 4 hours. Man this is daylight robbery.

I think the advertisement only stated recruit models and get photos for free but still need to pay the agency for catwalk and grooming. The owner never does anything for free.

Anything else new can you come up with? Why don't you state clearly your conditions to the members in this forum and don't beat round the bush.

Just my 1 cent worth.

Basically, if anyone is serious enough to want to break into the creative
industry, (photography, design, modeling)you'll need portfolio.

Whether paid or not, hours spent on site or studio, precious time spent
on touching up, take them as fees for this huge lesson.

If all we are concern about is whether we are getting ripped off or cheated,
one will be forever be standing on the same spot, learning nothing,
gaining "experiences" from hear say.

If such minor things are what we can't sacrifice, sorry to
say, don't even think about taking the first step.
Carry on with your comfy 9-5pm job.

I'm very thankful already that I am given this opportunity
to start off the first step.

For those who prefer to whine, sorry, you are not suitable
for the creative industry.

puffish said:
Just my 1 cent worth.

:thumbsup:

well said :thumbsup: thanks

Puffish said:
Just my 1 cent worth.

Puffish said:
Just my 1 cent worth.

There are many ways to get one. Including paying for it, at least you get it by correct means.

Puffish said:
If it's a well learnt lesson, yes, it's worth it.

Puffish said:
Like I said, there are many ways to learn things, not worrying about 'cheated' 'ripped off' and going ahead to do things is known as impulsive, not rational.

Puffish said:
What makes you think photography is a better glamourous and better paying job than a 9-7 job (in real life most stop at 7)? What you sacrifice must be ensured that it's worth it, else it's just stupidity. :)

Puffish said:
Good for you! Hope u make it far.

Puffish said:
Once again, very subjective. Whine, assurance and being rational somehow, now, doesn't mix. Whining doesn't mean they're not suitable. I've a friend who whines everyday about work.

BUT, the most amazing thing is he finishes his work on time (mostly before deadlines) and does it perfectly. Suitable or not. Unknown. It's about the right attitude to learn.

Cheers.

vince123123 said:
How come you just lift my sentence wholesale arh...

see http://clubsnap.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136654

Vince, your sentences were 'cheem' enough to be re-used again. You should think of it as a compliment for yourself.

It seems conspicuous enough to observe a person getting so eristic and averting. However, I am pretty sure that many girls out there are oblivious enough for such an offer.

Defaming or not, my blog entry has got many people commenting on a similar issue (did I say this offer? Nope.) and one sad thing is that a fellow sch mate of mine had accepted such an offer.

If anyone feels I am being vituperative, do tell me.
I'm just being concerned.

If anyone feels that I will have my deserved manifestation,
please I beg you...
Bring It On!

ModelBooker said:
pls note that Due to the unnecessary comments in thsi forum on my company offering, we have decided to closed this position.

Exisiting shooters whom i met, should there be any doubts, pls do not heisitate to contact me.

And for those who commented stuffs that are not truth, pls take note that we ll not hesiate to take legal action against you on any damages that you casued directly of indirectly to my company.

thank y0u for your attention.

Hi ModelBooker,

If the position is already fill-up/close; and your point to the confirmed shooters already made clear, i think you should close this thread.

This thread has served its purpose to get the photographers who are comfortable working within your terms and since you do not need any more at this moment, then this case should be a "completed transaction". No need to keep this post open any longer to invite unnecessary OT talk and comments.

By reading thru all the posts, obviously there are quite a handful of people who are not agreeable to what you are doing ... But I really do not see any unfair issues in the "deal". So maybe it is bad blood from previous experience that I may not be aware of ....

Anyway ... Good Luck to you and to the photographers that have agreed to work with you. I think the arrangement does have its potentials to become a win-win situation.

RGDs

thred cloze just open thread to discuss again lar.

sometimes you only see the face of things, behind black things you haven see. mayb u can join him and see firsthand.

Long Thai Bean said:
Hi ModelBooker,

No need to keep this post open any longer to invite unnecessary OT talk and comments.

By reading thru all the posts, obviously there are quite a handful of people who are not agreeable to what you are doing ... But I really do not see any unfair issues in the "deal". So maybe it is bad blood from previous experience that I may not be aware of ....

Anyway ... Good Luck to you and to the photographers that have agreed to work with you. I think the arrangement does have its potentials to become a win-win situation.

RGDs

I am not allowed to closed the thread. if so, i ll have done it long ago.
thank you for your advise and concerns. appreciate
Long Thai Bean said:
Hi ModelBooker,

If the position is already fill-up/close; and your point to the confirmed shooters already made clear, i think you should close this thread.

This thread has served its purpose to get the photographers who are comfortable working within your terms and since you do not need any more at this moment, then this case should be a "completed transaction". No need to keep this post open any longer to invite unnecessary OT talk and comments.

RGDs

Thread closed as all parties have said their piece(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.