Free Model shoots for your portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, pls note that models are including Male models and kids. not only on female models.
we are looking at casual wear for outdoor first shoot. thanks for attention again

Kids need comp cards? :dunno:

espn said:
Kids need comp cards? :dunno:

Kids do need comp cards, as theres big market out there as well.

i have been approached by afew agencies b4, to shoot for kids for comp cards, so naturally, agencies do need it as frequently as females or adults, juz that seldom ppl talk abt it, thats why the question.

You will be surprise that kids commands better price that some other models :) ....

hi ta right.
also, it take lofs of patient and spped to capture the kid as he or she might not be able to listen to instruction or pose for you.
my opening for adult is taken up.
therefore, i am inviting shooters who think you can shoots kids or boys now

hi, am interested in kids, have 2 kids who are quite photogenic...can kill 2 birds with one stone? i.e. get a chance to shoot my own kids? Will send u my pics tru email.

I came across the Classified section of today's The New Paper and realised that Mr Mark Chow has actually placed an advertisement for new model intake, and what they will get is a FREE PORTFOLIO.

I'm just pondering...

He's getting photographers here to take his models for free.. and he's placing ads to get models... is there a link somewhere??? :dunno:

Hmm... I wonder~

I went to his office and his offer is:

(1) Outdoor shoot, photographer will provide 2 copies of CD. Photographer will be in charge of location and will coordinate directly with model and MUA.
(2) Studio shoot. Photographer will also pay for the studio charge. Photographer can use his studio but have to pay for it.

MUA is free because there are also new MUA that need portfolio.

Maybe I had misunderstood the points above but if they are accurate, I feel that I'd rather hire a good MUA and do the same points alone. To each his own I guess.

Cant believe it... A rather well-known person in the modelling industry who had won several awards have stood so low to 'recruit' for BOTH photographers n MUAs for his new intake of models.

I mean photographers are okie.. Even MUAs???

And I feel that the classified ad makes these inspiring models-to-be to want to take up that offer.....

And I bet that these models dunno that the MUA and photographers are not paid by the agency. But are doing it for free. And if they were to have that sort of thinking, they will think that this agency is so good to them.

Though, its otherwise! Haha! :blah:

*sacarstic grin*

p/s: For those who have Pm-ed me, thx for ur concern, guys!! ;p
I ain't that stupid. :p

Bro..did u managed to see one or two photos of the models?

are they worth the trouble? :dunno:

Just remember to tell your children and friends and families...."don't be a model"..especially in Singapore.....u just get exploited.....

but then that goes for MUA and photogs also...... :cry:

Wait... don't get me wrong... when I asked about the MUA, that is what they told me... but since its verbal, I'll keep an open mind that I might have misheard. I was with 4 more photographers and if they did go through and have no complaints, maybe it is a good deal for some of the members here.

Petf69, I did not bother checking the model since I wanna be professional about it and do a shoot regardless who the model will be. I mean the challenge is pick a model and do the shoot around the model... but then again, I hesitated when I found that I need to pay for the studio and since most details feels like I'm doing it independently, might as well do it independently.

dawgbyte77 said:
I was with 4 more photographers and if they did go through and have no complaints, maybe it is a good deal for some of the members here.QUOTE]

Maybe the other 4 who may have go thru with it feels like its good to take pics for models frm that relatively well-known agency... so they wun mind even if the MUA is like maybe.... not so experienced and will be free?? thats why they may have no complaints??

For those who still deciding or what, do think twice.
And Ihope those girls who see his ad in the papers will not be gullible.

lil_princess said:
Maybe the other 4 who may have go thru with it feels like its good to take pics for models frm that relatively well-known agency... so they wun mind even if the MUA is like maybe.... not so experienced and will be free?? thats why they may have no complaints??

For those who still deciding or what, do think twice.
And Ihope those girls who see his ad in the papers will not be gullible.

I'm not really familiar with agencies so I won't know nor it is relevant for me but maybe you are right that to be associated with a well-known agency name is an incentive in itself so it is also good for some photographers and models who are hopeful to break into this industry.

My advice is to not sign anything and ask a lot of questions first. There might be things not mentioned before-hand. I did signed a contract then and there but since there were no shoot and no money involved, I assume the contract is non-binding yet. I was told that they will email the copy but I never got it as well.

dawgbyte77 said:
I was told that they will email the copy but I never got it as well.

Maybe they too busy with the new intake of models that they getting from today's Classified ad that they dun have time to email it to you.

Lols!!! ;)

lil_princess said:
Maybe they too busy with the new intake of models that they getting from today's Classified ad that they dun have time to email it to you.

Lols!!! ;)

Most prob... everything free will have a avalanche of bargain seekers.. :bsmilie:

warlau, shot for his model also must pay to use his studio? how can be free? can claim the CD cost not?

dawgbyte77 said:
I went to his office and his offer is:

(1) Outdoor shoot, photographer will provide 2 copies of CD. Photographer will be in charge of location and will coordinate directly with model and MUA.
(2) Studio shoot. Photographer will also pay for the studio charge. Photographer can use his studio but have to pay for it.

MUA is free because there are also new MUA that need portfolio.

Maybe I had misunderstood the points above but if they are accurate, I feel that I'd rather hire a good MUA and do the same points alone. To each his own I guess.

must sign contract? how come never email you the copy? likedat how to remember what you sign?

dawgbyte77 said:
My advice is to not sign anything and ask a lot of questions first. There might be things not mentioned before-hand. I did signed a contract then and there but since there were no shoot and no money involved, I assume the contract is non-binding yet. I was told that they will email the copy but I never got it as well.

agencys also get money from requring models pay for courses catwalk or posing.

lil_princess said:
I came across the Classified section of today's The New Paper and realised that Mr Mark Chow has actually placed an advertisement for new model intake, and what they will get is a FREE PORTFOLIO.

I'm just pondering...

He's getting photographers here to take his models for free.. and he's placing ads to get models... is there a link somewhere??? :dunno:

Hmm... I wonder~

Contract is not clear cut. So the agency cannot take any action against photographers. My friends who use to be their models just break their contract on the spot.

The contract is not even legal in the eyes of the law.

What else can this person comes up with?

Instead of hiring photographers to shoot for the agency but at the end of the day the agency gets photos for free, MUA free and asking the photographers to cover their rental.

Some studio only charges $200 for whole day but the agency is charging $200 to the photographers for 4 hours. Man this is daylight robbery.

I think the advertisement only stated recruit models and get photos for free but still need to pay the agency for catwalk and grooming. The owner never does anything for free.

Anything else new can you come up with? Why don't you state clearly your conditions to the members in this forum and don't beat round the bush.

It gets even better, that price for a tiny studio with 2 ancient half working lights and tattered backgrounds, at least that is what I heard. Godzilla you see his studio yet?

Godzilla Invades said:
Some studio only charges $200 for whole day but the agency is charging $200 to the photographers for 4 hours. Man this is daylight robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.