Free "Intro to Food Photography" Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

unseen

Dec 14, 2004
NTU and Wdls
Well, Mr. Yim Chee Peng, a food photographer who has shot for SIA and many other places, has kindly agreed to share some insights into food photography. His current exhibition cum book giveaway is at the NLB, Bugis. Here's a thread to the event: http://forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=219480

If there's enough interest, I'll get Mr. Yim to hold a talk. It'll be held in NLB Bugis, possibly even light refreshments if possible.

I'm looking at the date 17th September, evening time. If you're interested, please leave your nick behind.. I'll contact him to arrange something if we can get more than 20 people who are interested.

BTW: If anyone has any suggestions as to what you'd like him to give a talk on, let me know, as he's willing to give a talk as long as it will benefit people..

1. unseen

Well, Mr. Yim Chee Peng, a food photographer who has shot for SIA and many other places, has kindly agreed to share some insights into food photography. His current exhibition cum book giveaway is at the NLB, Bugis. Here's a thread to the event: http://forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=219480

If there's enough interest, I'll get Mr. Yim to hold a talk. It'll be held in NLB Bugis, possibly even light refreshments if possible.

I'm looking at the date 17th September, evening time. If you're interested, please leave your nick behind.. I'll contact him to arrange something if we can get more than 20 people who are interested.

BTW: If anyone has any suggestions as to what you'd like him to give a talk on, let me know, as he's willing to give a talk as long as it will benefit people..

1. unseen
2. simon80

1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren

i like to go but i'll be out of the country this 17 =( sigh....

Nisa said:

1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren

please count me in. big thanks.

1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren
5. Feinwerkbau

Great effort unseen! I cartainly do appreciate you taking time to get this together and I'm sure many others feel the same way!

I hesitate to suggest basic technical lighting set-ups and angles since these are covered in most good food photography books, but I guess since most photographers are now required to do a little of their own 'food styling' or can't always afford a food stylist, it might be good if Mr Yim could share with us some insights on the secrets of food styling (from a photographic POV), set-up problems and solutions to sticky situations/dishes and perhaps the different styles of food photography 'through the ages' - it's interesting to me to find out how food photography styles have emerged over time, as well as the influences that shape public/client perception and wants, which in turn shapes a food photographer's style and expertise... Just my suggestions ;)

i m keen but it will depend on my work schedule. :(

in tis case, should i leave my name? :embrass:

:) there's no need to PM me, as I'm not going to an*l about attendance. The more the merrier, I'd like everyone to benefit.

17th September, evening. Time TBC.
1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren
5. Feinwerkbau
6. drakko

vendeta => if you can suggest an alternate date, and there's enough people who can make it that day, I'm sure Mr. Yim would be happy to hold another talk. He's going to be at the NLB everyday I think, so I presume he wouldn't mind. I just don't want him to go through the effort to set up some things and only a couple of people turn up. That's why I'm helping him promote his book giveaway (which to him, is a community service). I'm pretty busy myself, thus I can't really spare the time to organise a whole series of talks.

Feinwerkbau => Noted :) will convey it to him.

sORe-EyEz => hmmmm well you can just take note of this thread, and turn up if and when you can. I'd rather have those who can and will go put their names down. If i tell Mr. Yim 30 people, it wouldn't hurt if 40 or 50 turn up. If I tell Mr. Yim 30 and only 10 turn up, it'd be pretty bad.

1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren
5. Feinwerkbau
6. drakko
7. lionellin

LiOnElLiN said:
1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren
5. Feinwerkbau
6. drakko
7. lionellin
8. Will03

1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren
5. Feinwerkbau
6. drakko
7. lionellin
8. Will03
9. projekts

projekts said:
1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren
5. Feinwerkbau
6. drakko
7. lionellin
8. Will03
9. projekts
10. dcam888

Re: Free "Intro to Food Photography" Talk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren
5. Feinwerkbau
6. drakko
7. lionellin
8. Will03
9. projekts
10. dcam888

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren
5. Feinwerkbau
6. drakko
7. lionellin
8. Will03
9. projekts
10. dcam888
11. LeederXXX

1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren
5. Feinwerkbau
6. drakko
7. lionellin
8. Will03
9. projekts
10. dcam888
11. LeaderXXX

1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren
5. Feinwerkbau
6. drakko
7. lionellin
8. Will03
9. projekts
10. dcam888
11. LeaderXXX
12. Tim

1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren
5. Feinwerkbau
6. drakko
7. lionellin
8. Will03
9. projekts
10. dcam888
11. LeaderXXX
12. Tim
14. AReality

1. unseen
2. simon80
3. nisa
4. nisa 's fren
5. Feinwerkbau
6. drakko
7. lionellin
8. Will03
9. projekts
10. dcam888
11. LeaderXXX