Free Holiday Trip overseas for 7 days 7 nights

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fcpga

won a 7 nights accomodation in a luxurious vacation in some of the world's most sought after vacation destinations from Star Vocations and there are a few destinations to choose from :-

1) Bali, Indonesia (choice of 3,4 or 7 nights)
2) Canary Islands, African Coast (7 nights)
3) Australia (7 nights)
4) China (3 or 4 nights)
5) France (7 nights)
6) Fiji Island (7 nights)
7) Spain (7 nights)
8) Thailand (3, 4 or 7 nights)
9) Portugal (7 nights)
10) Malaysia (3 days 2 nights)
11) Philippines (3, 4 or 7 nights)
12) Goa, India (7 nights)

Terms & conditions :

1) 28 days prior booking notice is required to book
your vacation.
2) Can choose 3 preferred dates of travel and 2
choices of destination, with at least a week apart
for each choice, avoiding dates near public
holidays.
3) Required to pay a booking and admin fee of
USD48 to Thailand
4) Can accomodation max of 6 person (2 adults and 4
children)
5) The accomodation provided will be an apartment or
bungalow in one of the resorts participating in
this promotion.
6) More details is available from the following
website www.starvacs.com

I encountered the incident last night 6th Apr 2002 and which they claimed it is the 1st prize and they acted like they were so excited and I am real lucky to get it...of course this comes with a catch..Their main purpose is to bring U to their office where lots of other sales person hard-sell u into buying a vacation resort membership which at the end of the day, cost a few thousand. i have to attend a 75mins seminar and then i can collect the prize....in the end wasted more than 75 mins of my time and at the end of the hard-selling talk...we showed our frustration and insisted we want to leave as we've got appt...the saleperson initial enthusiasm turned into 'black face' but we din care....i feel that their holiday ownership scheme is really inflexible and that's why i dun buy...just want to forewarn everyone who is walking around orchard and stopped by surveyers...take note

You might want to buy it if you are really keen, but its just a personal point of view.

anyone with similar experience?

I believe this is a common tactic used in time-share holiday schemes..

Originally posted by fcpga
anyone with similar experience?

They are rather active in the scotts/lucky plaza area. They target couples.

Same tactic... answer some simple qns and say that you won the 1st prize. They even give you the very excited enthusiasm when they tell you you've won. Went to the 'office' which is near the scotts area. Found out its a time share and got myself out of it by telling them I had another appt in half an hour (They require you to stay for an hour before you get the prize).

Now when I am in the area and these people approach me for 'survey', I just ignore them.

mine was a office in Takashimaya 17th floor.

its a holiday membership scheme which cost thousands of dollars.

Saying they are the wholesaler of holiday trip,

waste 2hrs of my time listening to their crap

IMG_1433.JPG

Excuse me, sir, do you have time to do a survey?

etc etc

They need better acting lessons, especially the part where they announce you won the first prize, and excitedly call their friends. After I politely declined the invitation to collect the first prize, they didn't waste much more time on me, but I had an excuse to take some pictures. I was just sitting there waiting, with nothing to do anyway. I had a whole series where they got one couple real interested, the guy pulled out a cigarette to calm himself down as he listened, but deleted it away.

interesting, sit there and take pictures instead, maybe I should go there again armed with my Olympus.

I used to get calls saying that i have won some really attractive prizes and stuff even though i can't remember taking part in any lucky draw. They will just say that they pick my number from radom. I'd say this is all a cheat, the prizes are always given with a catch, in the end you'll probably end up paying more than the prizes is worth.

Nothing comes free in this world, if somethings so fantastic is presented to you out of the blue, be caution and act with skeptism.

yes, I won twice(holiday and stuff). They say they picked my mobile phone number during a draw. Condition is attend a conference.

But I know these are just bullshit. So I never attend.

do we still have free lunch today?
Come on, be realistic.

Originally posted by ninelives
yes, I won twice(holiday and stuff). They say they picked my mobile phone number during a draw. Condition is attend a confrenece.

But I know these are just bullshit. So I never attend.

do we still have free lunch today?
Come on, be realistic.

There is. Some time ago, there's this VISA promo, where you can use a $50 and above VISA receipt to exchange for a Delifrance meal. I did, and got it, no strings attached. Really free. :D

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

There is. Some time ago, there's this VISA promo, where you can use a $50 and above VISA receipt to exchange for a Delifrance meal. I did, and got it, no strings attached. Really free. :D

Regards
CK

Delifrance meal?? haha, feed it to the cat. I ain't interested in no bread. :D

Those stupid telemarketeers always call me one. I think it has got to do with exhibition organizers selling lucky draw coupons to these companies. So once I got a call like :

"Hi, is this Mr. Ng Cheng Kiang?"
"Yes"
"You've won [forgot what holiday]"
"Which lucky draw?"
"You remember last year you participated in this lucky draw at this food festival in Changi Expo?"
pause
"yeah, I think so"
"well, you've won. To collect your prize, you will have to come down to a seminar at our office at [date] [time]".
"Sorry, I am not free"
"how about [date2] [time2]"
"Sorry, not free either. I am very busy"
"Ok, thanks."
"Bye"

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
Those stupid telemarketeers always call me one. I think it has got to do with exhibition organizers selling lucky draw coupons to these companies. So once I got a call like :

"Hi, is this Mr. Ng Cheng Kiang?"
"Yes"
"You've won [forgot what holiday]"
"Which lucky draw?"
"You remember last year you participated in this lucky draw at this food festival in Changi Expo?"
pause
"yeah, I think so"
"well, you've won. To collect your prize, you will have to come down to a seminar at our office at [date] [time]".
"Sorry, I am not free"
"how about [date2] [time2]"
"Sorry, not free either. I am very busy"
"Ok, thanks."
"Bye"

Regards
CK

yaya abut the same. haha. they asked my if i want to postpone my conference and said "this is your last chance". i said "yaya, but I just want to sleep"...hanged off.

yaya abut the same. haha. they asked my if i want to postpone my conference and said "this is your last chance". i said "yaya, but I just want to sleep"...hanged off.

Another call had the caller very enthusiastically saying that I've won some holiday (hey, how come always holiday for 2 one? and not a DSLR or something? )

when I told her I am not interested to attend the talk, "click".

So rude!

Regards
CK

my parents have a similar experience 5 years ago...i was there too....was quite suprised why there are so many "lucky draw" winner

the price is some hotel accomodation is Spain and Bali...

but at least this is better than those who advertiese in chinese newspaper, claiming that they have vacancy for a simple job with high pay...no experience and no qualification needed...

those are actually some investment company...say that will offer u the job ONLY if you pay a few K of deposit...u also need to sign some contract too

and next day, they will tell u that your few $k already spend on investing in some pork..and the money are gone cos the price of pork fall...and even pursuade u to invest somemore or else u will have to pay a few hundreds to "terminate" the contracts

want to sue them? u already signed the contract....these company looks very very established when u visit their office, u will see many employees sitting in front of dozens of computer terminals...working (or acting?) and i was suprised that there are so many pple who are desperate for job went there for interview....i wonder how many of them get conned in the end.

those interviewer look very young and decent too, really never expect that they are such a cheater

Kamwai, was the place at The Exchange? i also got similar experience lar. they said investment very easy one. they asked my to take out $10,000 at a stepping stone.

Kamwai, was the place at The Exchange? i also got similar experience lar. they said investment very easy one. they asked my to take out $10,000 at a stepping stone.

I think so....i went there with my parents a few years ago...

Delifrance meal?? haha, feed it to the cat. I ain't interested in no bread. :D

you very rich, your cat eat Delifrance.

I think the survey thing is very very common in orchard road, near takashimaya and wisma side. You can try your luck walking there and see if you won any holiday trip.

Before they tell you anything, tell them, sorry, I have no 75minutes to spare, and they sure look stun, as if.... how you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.