Free Fashion Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Dec 2, 2003
1 month ++ before the free fashion shoot~ do remember to register yourself as spaces are limited~~

click here to register www.exposurebox.com

Have Fun~

hmmm...since its free and i'm free...y not ahha....wat bout u??? did u register??

barracuda said:
how to register? just send them an email?

Just register at the main page will do.

So see you bwilly.

I also registered a while back.. must check out the place b4 i go... :)

Thanks to all who have responded.

Selected photographers have all been contacted by phone.

For all who have registered but was not contacted, please click below:

http://www.exposurebox.com/joinmem.htm

Thank you all.

Sean said:
Thanks to all who have responded.

Selected photographers have all been contacted by phone.

For all who have registered but was not contacted, please click below:

http://www.exposurebox.com/joinmem.htm

Thank you all.

Doesn't seem very fair for us who had registered and now did not get any call. I wonder if anyone got the call anyway. :thumbsd:

It's all well and good for them to waive the so-called registration and annual fee but is that what they have in mind in the 1st place rather than to give us the free shoot? :nono:

I suppose alot of people registered, so they only call those who registered first. First come first serve :D

I dont see what the chip on the shoulder is about? :dunno:

nemesis32 said:
Doesn't seem very fair for us who had registered and now did not get any call. I wonder if anyone got the call anyway. :thumbsd:

It's all well and good for them to waive the so-called registration and annual fee but is that what they have in mind in the 1st place rather than to give us the free shoot? :nono:

The fact is they have kept quiet all along and never say if they have filled their spaces.

Assuming if the photographers like myself and others have cancel our engagement or assignments or appointment only for them to say sorry but we have filled the space already.

Moreover, i just want to know if they have actually offer the free shoot to anyone or is it just a plot to get photographers to join their studio whether is it for free or whatever. ;(

I think since it is a free shoot, with location, model and make up services provided, sure alot of responses. I will not expect them to call every one of us if there is like a 100 sign ups.

We will only know when the photos for the shoot are posted up, if it's real.

It could be just as marketing gimick. :dunno:

Precisely my point. In fact, i suspect they just wanted us to join them thats all. Perhaps if i turn up on that day and there's no shoot even.

sour grapes? heheh :p

nemesis32 said:
Precisely my point. In fact, i suspect they just wanted us to join them thats all. Perhaps if i turn up on that day and there's no shoot even.

Hi all,

I am from ExposureBox and also the organizer of this Fashion Shoot. To all doubts and questions about whether this event is just a gimmick, I think it is not too late to pass our comments after the event.

I wish to explain the selection process. A total of 150 people registered within a very short span of time. Due to studio size and time, we can only accommodate up to 5 photographers, of which, 4 are from Clubsnap. I’ve decided on the free webpage and email account return because I felt bad for those who registered with ExposureBox but we are not able to take them in. Please understand that this event is free and we are trying our best to get it up and keeping it free every month.

Thanks to those who have defended ExposureBox…
* FREE PERSONAL WEBPAGE FOR YOU ALL THE WAY~~ hahaha have to get clearance from my boss first.. hahaaa

Sean
www.exposurebox.com

I guess many people are questioning on the motivation of the free shoot.

Is it to provide a free shoot or is it an exercise to build up a list of photographers? I feel the execution of this request is done in such the way it seems like the company is aiming for the latter objective.

But I lose nothing here, so I am not complaining.

Perhaps there are some of us who registered and turned away assignments and commitments for this shoot, they may feel sore for not being informed for not being selected.

hmm..... I can see where nemesis is coming from. The ppl from Exposurebox could do a better job of notifying people earlier or by a certain dateline, and not by mass notice on the websites.

Yeah, agree with Bean. Maybe it'd have been better if the number of vacanies was stated. Also the wording of the first posting & on the site implies it's a first-come-first-serve basis & welcome all comers. With no definition of the size of the photog pool, the replies will sound like standard PR responses. With it being a business, it's nonetheless inevitable suspicions will be aroused.

For me I didn't register that soon coz I needed to confirm my schedule first before committing myself. & when I came back to look at the thread again some time later, there was no updates saying that the quota have been met. So I think many may be like me, thinking the quota may be bigger (achieved thru scheduling or something).

Personally I think those in the industry or are experienced in studio shoots will know better. I think we can all speculate & guess, but there's no pt arguing over it. Whatever taste it leaves us with, let's just take it as an experience. The studio after all is also a business, they also has to do things according to their business strategy. But may I suggest that in future if any studio wants to organise such an event, they can be more transparent about the whole process if they want to minimise such perceptions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.