Free e-book on street photography for sharing...

Thks for sharing!

thread moved.

Nice! You wrote the books?

nope he did not. the ebooks were written by THOMAS LEUTHARD.
you can go directly to thomas leuthard's website at 85mm Street Photography which has the two ebooks for download as well as other interesting street photography stuff (videos etc)

you should credit the original author. Your thread and the way you posted it on your website sound like you wrote these two ebook. That's very unethical.

Hi sinned79, my intention was to share and i thought it is pretty clear when you click on the link on my Blog (not website). I'm sorry that the post made you felt that way.
May be i can be clearer. Thanks for the feedback :)

Source: 85mm Street Photography

Last edited:
Hi sinned79, my intention was to share and i thought it is pretty clear when you click on the link on my Blog (not website). I'm sorry that the post made you felt that way.
May be i can be clearer. Thanks for the feedback :)

Source: 85mm Street Photography

the correct way to share is to post the link to the source directly, that way you need not credit the original author.

but since you are posting the link to your blog, you should credit the original author if not at least post a source link.

once you post something your website or blog, you "claimed" ownership by left or by right especially if you did not put any credits.

don't you agree?

I know you want more traffic to your blog and it's good to share (i love to share), but share it the right way especially if you are not the original author. Put yourself in the shoes of the original author, how much time and effort he put in to compile this ebook and I don't think he will like it when someone downloaded it and upload to his blog, but only post his blog URL without identifying the source or original author of the book.

What I learn in schools is that, referencing is very important.

Last edited:
Hi sinned 79:) Thank you for sharing your point of view.

My intention is to share and if you look at all my posts in my blog, sources are quoted (even for pics taken from internet). I learnt that in school as well :)
For this post, I may have missed quoting the source unintentionally. Thank you for highlighting.

Have a great week ahead.

Last edited:
Hi sinned 79:) Thank you for sharing your point of view.

My intention is to share and if you look at all my posts in my blog, sources are quoted (even for pics taken from internet). I learnt that in school as well :)
For this post, I may have missed quoting the source unintentionally. Thank you for highlighting.

Have a great week ahead.

I did went to your blog earlier but I am pretty sure there is no referencing earlier on.

the correct way to share is to post the link to the source directly, that way you need not credit the original author.

but since you are posting the link to your blog, you should credit the original author if not at least post a source link.

once you post something your website or blog, you "claimed" ownership by left or by right especially if you did not put any credits.

don't you agree?

I know you want more traffic to your blog and it's good to share (i love to share), but share it the right way especially if you are not the original author. Put yourself in the shoes of the original author, how much time and effort he put in to compile this ebook and I don't think he will like it when someone downloaded it and upload to his blog, but only post his blog URL without identifying the source or original author of the book.

What I learn in schools is that, referencing is very important.

Ya true, when I clicked the link and was directed to TS blog, I thought the books are written by TS. Downloaded and start reading (normally I will skip the cover, content page, and author foreword and go straight to Chapter 1) then start to feel something wrong, so many ang moh photo no Singapore photo... Scroll to author foreword and saw his pic :eek: so big diff from TS avatar :eek:

At least TS never download it and host the files himself without linking to the real author's website...

Love it. Thanks for sharing =]