Status
Not open for further replies.
nightwolf75 said:
damn... still need to wait some more for the 300D... :cry:
Don't wait.. there's always PS CS... and the 105 DC :devil:

espn said:
Don't wait.. there's always PS CS... and the 105 DC :devil:

ESPN!!! :kok: :bsmilie:

aj23 just tempted me yesterday with the notion of getting an 85mm lens for portraiture... dun even start... :bsmilie:

need to save $$$ for a WA lens... :cry:

It is worth getting a 85mm to do portraits. You ought to consider which one you would be using more. A WA lens or a portraiture lens.

But in this case for you, a 50mm would be sufficient for you because it would give you 80mm on your 300D.

Just some things to think about.

benny said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the 105 DC?

Cheers,

MUAAHHHAAAAA...... another one, eh? :D

the 105DC is a nikon lens - 105mm. it will cost u an arm, leg, house, car etc... etc... for this excellent lens.

nightwolf75 said:
MUAAHHHAAAAA...... another one, eh? :D

the 105DC is a nikon lens - 105mm. it will cost u an arm, leg, house, car etc... etc... for this excellent lens.

Sorry for the OT.

:nono: 105mm DC is a cheap lense, it's cost even less than a 300D/D70 body. ;)

Looks and functions a bit like C1pro... accept don have USM, Cropping and Sharpness checker tool... which are all very useful stuff.
But as a free utility, it is pretty good! Damn much better than the current fileviewer utility. But the DPP can't view all the EXIF data of the image.

P24 said:
Hi !

CANON gave us a new RAW converter which makes you save the money for any C1Pro stuff ! :cool:
check out.....

http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/dpp/index.html :thumbsup:

cheers
Sven

While waiting for the DPP to be made available to non 1D, 1Ds & 1D Mk2 users, can always download and use the new and free EOS Viewer Utility which replaces the previous File Viewer Utility. It is a much better RAW conversion program than the FVU.
http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/customer/evu.html

Tried, simple and easy to use interface, but i still prefer the features that C1 offers

but C1 take up lots of hard disk space esp for the preview cache

Wai said:
Tried, simple and easy to use interface, but i still prefer the features that C1 offers

but C1 take up lots of hard disk space esp for the preview cache

I use C1 too. But C1 is not free and is now undergoing massive changes with new upgrades to version 3.5. Technically, the changes should be considered 'down-grades' since they are removing 16-bit and third party profile support from the LE version. However, Phase One seems to be reversing their decision on this but we'll have to see if they would follow it thru and do the right thing. :(

DPP is for users who find that it is necessary to do batch processing. The new EOS File Utility software also does this.

But I would agree with general sentiments. C1 seems to be a better software to use. However, it is better if the software is also able to batch process JPG images. The Canon software now is able to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.