Free albums or 5% discount better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop

Jun 10, 2002
Visit site
Wanted to post this at consumers corner, but the system won't let me post there.

Anyway, I just sent approx 320 shots to KT, first time there. They offered me a 5% of the total price or a free album for every 40 shots plus index print.

At 30cts per piece, my total costs is $96, so a 5% discount works to less than $5. On the other hand, I can get 8 albums instead, but how much are they worth anyway?

And what's the use of an index print?

Could any kind soul please enlighten me? Thks.

pop said:
Wanted to post this at consumers corner, but the system won't let me post there.

Anyway, I just sent approx 320 shots to KT, first time there. They offered me a 5% of the total price or a free album for every 40 shots plus index print.

At 30cts per piece, my total costs is $96, so a 5% discount works to less than $5. On the other hand, I can get 8 albums instead, but how much are they worth anyway?

4R Album usually selling at $1.20 to $1.50 ea.
Index print is the thumbnail pic of your prints.

vinlee said:
4R Album usually selling at $1.20 to $1.50 ea.
Index print is the thumbnail pic of your prints.

cool, that's very useful info for me. Looks like take the album better. Thanks.

pop said:

Where's KT? KT printing on wat paper?

Take the index print and album. :thumbsup:

Venom81 said:
Where's KT? KT printing on wat paper?

KT is at Hong Lim Complex. They showed me the paper they are using, fuji crystal archive supreme.

I know about KT from the folks here. Seems highly recommended here.

Any idea why I cannot post this at the consumer corner as this topic is most relevant there? I can only post it here. :confused:

Think you do not have 30 posts previously? Anyway, do try out other shops also, you may get better or worse photos. If you get better results then good, if worse then you will learn to appreciate the good stuffs. After a few tries with neg, slides and digital prints, I finally settled on 3 different labs for 3 different medium. Talking about troublesome :confused:

pop said:
KT is at Hong Lim Complex. They showed me the paper they are using, fuji crystal archive supreme.

I know about KT from the folks here. Seems highly recommended here.

When collect? The same day or days later? :dunno:

pop said:
cool, that's very useful info for me. Looks like take the album better. Thanks.
depend on whether you like small album or not. I would prefer one big album to contains all my prints.

Venom81 said:
When collect? The same day or days later? :dunno:
usually you can collect it on the next day for large amount of prints like > 100.

latmo said:
normally on the next day
but today when i go think they are too free then ask me come back 10 min later to pick up :bsmilie:
90 pic @ $0.3 each

Wa... So good. $0.30 per print and free album for every 40 shots plus index print. Can still collect 10 mins if lucky. :bsmilie:
Going to print there soon.

Wait.... Digital print also same charge? :dunno:

scud said:
digital print of 4R is 30ct.

Then still got free albums for every 40 prints? :dunno:

If I am not wrong , free albums or 5% discount is not an official promotion from KT ...

K sorry for crashing this thread but does anyone know of any similar photo lab like KT in the east side? I can't seem to find a photo lab that can do high Resolution negative scan anywhere in the east.
They all say they donno wat is high res scan. And they do normal scan still charge me about 15 per roll for new roll arrgh. (W/O print)
Think KT chargin way cheaper then clubsnapper still got discount. although i like them but i can't be travelling there all the time can someone help me out?
thanks.

actually take the 5% discount better. You can get the normal 4R album at abt $0.50/album from Fotohub. It's black and chic looking!

Climber said:
K sorry for crashing this thread but does anyone know of any similar photo lab like KT in the east side? I can't seem to find a photo lab that can do high Resolution negative scan anywhere in the east.
They all say they donno wat is high res scan. And they do normal scan still charge me about 15 per roll for new roll arrgh. (W/O print)
Think KT chargin way cheaper then clubsnapper still got discount. although i like them but i can't be travelling there all the time can someone help me out?
thanks.

Try CD Alchemy, look for IRene. ALso, PSS members get 50% off. I think you can get the address and contact from pss website: www.pss1950.org

It's located at Eunos Techpark area, near Bedok Reservoir Road

Status
Not open for further replies.