fraudulent withdrawal yesterday on my POSB card

otc

Feb 8, 2006
www.flickr.com
I received a text message saying there was a transaction of max amount drawn on my card yesterday. I called later to check and was told there was a withdrawal done in boon lay area. I informed the staff I did not go to Boon Lay and my card was with me all the while. I was shocked and was directed to lodge a police report right away, in which I did. I was told the dbs bank investigator will be getting in touch with me.

A police report was lodged about an hours time and sequence of events was narrated to the police.

Today, I went over to POSB bank to hand over my police report at about 11.00 am and to reactivate a new card. Almost the same time, 2K was credited back to my account and I received a call saying the amount has been placed back to my account by the bank. I thank the bank for that.

I ponder how on earth did those people got my card and information. The only odd incidence that I came across during the past few days was when I was at NTUC whampoa, withdrawing some cash during noon time and the atmosphere was not normal. The ATM teller was empty and there was a group of guys of varying age between 20 plus to 40 plus, seems to be on the look-out. My first impression was there might be a gang fight and most of em was looking anxiously, on high alert towards the driveway of the road. Well I did my normal withdrawal and left thereafter. From the dressisng of those guys, they looked more like malaysians than local singaporean. I could tell this difference. There were between 6 to 8 people and that caught my attention and was about 30 metres away from where the ATm teller was.

I tried calling the bank's line to report on fraudulent withdrawal the second time, i could not get thru yesterday. I presumed there will be lots of other customers calling in to check and report as well.

The bank would have the record of those callers called complainant and where the fraudsters commit those offence. If whampoa is where the fraud occured, then those people do not work alone but in big groups. Quite sure they are malaysians, from their dressing.

So far, nobody call me for interview or statement.

The next time I will bring my pentax camera around and when I see suspicious character, snap some shots for future reference.

The information above is for those whosoever is concerned, if it is helpful.

I hope we could do our part a little so as to prevent and stop those pest from commiting crime..

Spoilt my night sleep, thinking why, how ???????how come.. stressed:lovegrin::bsmilie:

otc

Did you make any NETS payment using the ATM card anywhere else?

Yes, carrefour, Petrol Kiosk....the last few as I could recall. I think DBS would be able to narrow down on the place of occurrence as I will not be the only one reporting. Should be able to narrow down easily.

otc

Sorry to hear that, bro. Try not to use those solo ATMs. Also I don't think it is a good idea to snap their pics. They will snap your bones. =)

I changed my pin n no more nets from now on

Even since that bugis incident, I'll try give the card slot a pull to see whether it comes off or not and also cover the keypad when I'm entering my password... paiseh to sound like a paranoid lol

Sorry to hear that, bro. Try not to use those solo ATMs. Also I don't think it is a good idea to snap their pics. They will snap your bones. =)

tks, brother. probably go into auto video mode and not to point directly, to be safer.

Even since that bugis incident, I'll try give the card slot a pull to see whether it comes off or not and also cover the keypad when I'm entering my password... paiseh to sound like a paranoid lol

Actually I am paranoid too. will be checking all my bank statements. Never tot this could happen to me but it did. A lesson learnt.:)

Best solution is to buy that gear uve always wanted until your bank account has no money inside.

eleveninth said:
Best solution is to buy that gear uve always wanted until your bank account has no money inside.

Hahaha, yes! Turn your money into asset! Get all the CZ lenses, L lenses!

iguanavon said:
How do you know which locations are secured?

Places that have high human traffic and have security personnel in range. E.g. The airport

The next time I will bring my pentax camera around and when I see suspicious character, snap some shots for future reference.

Thanks for sharing your case and thanks for planning to photograph the fraudsters. Just be careful of your personal safety.

My friend told me that he used to cover the keypad with his palm when he is keying in the PIN number, this might have to be our recommended practice from now on. :(

Another friend told me that L lenses are like fixed deposits, better than keeping money in the bank.

May be you may want to report your case to the media to warn other that the fraudulent/unauthorized withdrawal is still going on despite some were caught.

Windcharm said:
May be you may want to report your case to the media to warn other that the fraudulent/unauthorized withdrawal is still going on despite some were caught.

Did not see Dbs making any announcement on this........

Maybe the ATM has been "hack" and so, your pin number and card informations been "stolen". Then it was accessed from another location. Btw, what the heck is the CCTV doing? When that timing which TS $ been withdraw and by who, should have recorded down!

:( lenses = asset? They are assets only if they make more money for you.

When sensor size changes, lenses also change. No security, I think but I made some money from voigtlander macro cos prices inches up 30 to 40 percent but i am not selling, cos i am using it.;)