Fraud Alert: Two guys selling Home HIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

centuryegg

Aug 16, 2005
Remember the thread about the fraud involving two guys selling home hifi system? Okay well I was walking from the Bukit Merah Central Library back to the office when I had a van approach me. The passenger shouted "brother! You want home hifi system?"

Okay for the benefit of those who want to know more details.

Dark Green Mitsubishi Hiace van with no company markings. Quite beaten up look.
Both guys wearing white polo shirt but very grubby looking with identical biege color caps.
Both don't wear glasses and passenger is fair with pockmarked face. Driver didnt take a good look but has long hair.
NUMBER PLATE IS GT3202B

Hope it helps

Hobbesyeo said:
so what were they trying to sell and what was the price? :bsmilie:

i was approached for home theatre system..

If got people shout like that I would think it's free... haha...
I will say OK LOH! I'LL TAKE IT!! :bsmilie:

For those who are clueless, these two guys basically ask if you want cheap branded hifi systems. Claim that they need to get rid of the goods fast due to some reason. If you fall for it, you will find yourself with some **** up system. Anyway I didnt fall for the trick but read the thread here a few months back about this. And no one managed to get their license plate. So here it is the full works and details.

centuryegg said:
For those who are clueless, these two guys basically ask if you want cheap branded hifi systems. Claim that they need to get rid of the goods fast due to some reason. If you fall for it, you will find yourself with some **** up system. Anyway I didnt fall for the trick but read the thread here a few months back about this. And no one managed to get their license plate. So here it is the full works and details.

mine was like...

hey bro, we got 1 extra set.. bring out from store liao.. dun wan bring back.. u interested ?? cheap cheap sell to u and WE can go home liao.. come come.. its behind only.. take a look.. no harm...

bla bla bla..

Just reported to the police about the van I saw... hmmm seems that they know about it! Cos the officer who spoke to me didnt give me the "huh"? Instead he was like what colour is the van, when did you spot them..? etc etc

k3nn3th03 said:
mine was like...

hey bro, we got 1 extra set.. bring out from store liao.. dun wan bring back.. u interested ?? cheap cheap sell to u and WE can go home liao.. come come.. its behind only.. take a look.. no harm...

bla bla bla..

exact same word, met the 2 guys fitting the description @ petrol station @ kallang area in may.

question, do i look so stupid that i may be their potential victim??

This has been happening for quite some time liao.
There're even some fellow who was cheated trying to re-sell it away at a higher price at Hardwarezone. :thumbsd:

yeah, this is such a old scam. I'm a little surprise that people are still taken in by it. :sweat:

Lends a little truth to the saying, " if its too good to be true, then it probably is."

centuryegg said:
Just reported to the police about the van I saw... hmmm seems that they know about it! Cos the officer who spoke to me didnt give me the "huh"? Instead he was like what colour is the van, when did you spot them..? etc etc

Good for you! I think you did the right thing.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.