Framing and Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinlg

Jun 21, 2004
Hello experts here,

Let's say I've taken a photo in regular format(what ever the digital camera throws out) and I want to print it to 4R photo, but I want a white frame around the photo.

What should I do? Perhaps someone already have a PS action to do this?

Regards
Steve

no need to be so troublesome. You just crop by 4 inches by 6 inches and tell the shop to develop with borders. They will shrink the size to fit in the border.

nemesis32 said:
no need to be so troublesome. You just crop by 4 inches by 6 inches and tell the shop to develop with borders. They will shrink the size to fit in the border.

ahh.. so shop will do the border for us eh? nice. (unless we want fancy borders)...

I thought we have to shrink it ourselves..

depends, i'm not sure if all shops provides this service though,
if u want to know how to do the border yourself, u can check out the link at the CS homepage. :)

then record it as a action in PS next time u just click a button will do~

~Arcanic~ said:
depends, i'm not sure if all shops provides this service though,
if u want to know how to do the border yourself, u can check out the link at the CS homepage. :)

then record it as a action in PS next time u just click a button will do~

The tips there basically just increase the size of the photo by the border width. I'm not sure when it get's sent to the printer, whether they will position away the border.. or will the photo be cropped

sinlg said:
The tips there basically just increase the size of the photo by the border width. I'm not sure when it get's sent to the printer, whether they will position away the border.. or will the photo be cropped

if u want to prevent the photo from getting cropped, after u add the borders, adjust the image size to 6:4 ratio like what nemesis32 mentioned. :)

edit* if u dun require any fanciful borders, shops like beautiful memories @ stamford house will help u add in the borders when u process ur prints there, they also help to adjust ur colours and etc. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.