Fradulent Advert or an absolute bargain?

chihuahua

Nov 12, 2006
Just curious if the moderators here monitor the marketplace adverts for fraudulent postings and advise forummers accordingly?

I am interested to buy a DJI Mavic. On the 23 Dec i noticed an advert in the maarketplace under 'Videography Equipment' to sell DJI Mavic Pro Drone Fly More Combo with Extra (new sets) at $799 and Brand New DJI Mavic Pro Alpine White Combo-4K Christmas Special Edition (limited edition from Apple Store) at $1100. These are attractive prices. Today i noticed both adverts have dissapeared from clubsnap Marketplace.

There is another vendor who has advertised similar products but at substantially higher prices.

Am i missing something here? Have i missed a bargain or is it a case of 'if its too good to be true it probably is'?

Just curious if the moderators here monitor the marketplace adverts for fraudulent postings and advise forummers accordingly?
Short and clear answer: Yes. The forums are monitored and items that do not comply to the guidelines will be deleted.
The long answer: All moderators are volunteers. We all have our daytime jobs, other commitments and of course, our own time and hobbies. Therefore, we cannot catch everything or respond immediately. In case you (or any other forum member) spots anything that's not correct or is obviously a scam please use the Report function (the Triangle symbol with exclamation mark at the bottom of the posting).

Am i missing something here? Have i missed a bargain or is it a case of 'if its too good to be true it probably is'?
If the price for a new is substantially below the market rate chances are it is some sort of scam. In addition, the forum is designated to members selling their own pre-loved equipment.
Commercial sellers (new items, more than one item) are required to subscribe to this function and you will see them clearly marked.

I am interested to buy a DJI Mavic. On the 23 Dec i noticed an advert in the maarketplace under 'Videography Equipment' to sell DJI Mavic Pro Drone Fly More Combo with Extra (new sets) at $799 and Brand New DJI Mavic Pro Alpine White Combo-4K Christmas Special Edition (limited edition from Apple Store) at $1100. These are attractive prices. Today i noticed both adverts have dissapeared from clubsnap Marketplace.

There is another vendor who has advertised similar products but at substantially higher prices.

Hello, I was the mod who deleted the posts by that user.

I chanced upon the posts while browsin CS and they looked suspect to me.

- Newly created account with no other history except these posts to sell items
- Unrealistic prices
- Multiple listings/items, appearing to be a vendor/retailer. Not withstanding the above two factors, under the T&Cs, "The Personal Classifieds sections are meant for sales of PERSONAL, USED items only. Sales of multiple, similiar items are to be posted in the Mass Sales section with a subscription." So even based on this alone, we had enough reason to remove this user's posts.

We don't have the time or resources to look into such things further (e.g. actually contact the seller etc), so I can't tell you if you missed a bargain for sure, but the forum T&Cs provide us with room to take action, so in lieu of user reports (which we do receive), we'll just use our own judgment where necessary to take down some of these suspect posts on a preemptive basis.

While we cannot monitor all the postings in the chat rooms, forums, photo galleries and other public areas, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to delete, move, or edit any postings that come to our attention that we consider unacceptable or inappropriate, of for any other other reasons, which we need not disclose, and which need not be reasonable.

- ClubSNAP's Terms of Use, Rules and Regulations

If we made a mistake, those posters are welcome to contact us to appeal and show us that they are legitimate users. If we were wrong, we will reinstate the posts.

If you are keen to contact this seller, drop me a PM and I will gladly pass you the text of the post so you can verify if you missed a bargain :)

Last edited: