Fr Windows Mobile to Iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacePhoto

Oct 1, 2007
New York City
www.flickr.com
Hi All,

Just got my iphone yesterday. I wonder how many of you out there are like me? I am adjusting to the iphone. What i miss is the 'Tasks', 'Cut and paste features' of Calender, file folder options.

How do you overcome it? Thanks.

Hi All,

Just got my iphone yesterday. I wonder how many of you out there are like me? I am adjusting to the iphone. What i miss is the 'Tasks', 'Cut and paste features' of Calender, file folder options.

tasks - use the calendar
cut and paste - press and hold on to the spot, then u will see cut and paste option
file folder - iphone dun use folders :p

Hi All,

One thing missing is while keying sms, the keyboard doesn't have directional arrows, so if you need to edit text, you'll have to point to the exact right place on your sms or delete until you reach the word you want to edit- abit inconvenient. In windows, you can just press up down left right.

Hi All,

got let ur iphone kena "ra1n" bor? :devil:

muz make it "wet" in order to have unlimited fun...:lovegrin:

Hi All,

I converted from WM to iphone a few years back. But difference is, i knew what i was getting into and i simply love my iphone and mac integrations (and whole lot of other stuffs). So yes, get the gears/gadgets that will fit your needs. Else, either you get used to what it offers or dump it loh.

thanks people. I have been googling for an offline solution but so far, none is offering.

for the cut and paste, yeah, a bit different. previously i was able to just cut and paste my calender posts and drag them ard. Now, i cant...

How are the rest of you guys adapting to it? How are you overcoming it?

No problem u will get use to it.. now i have to pause for a while to do something while using a WM or symbian phone..:bsmilie:

thanks people. I have been googling for an offline solution but so far, none is offering.

for the cut and paste, yeah, a bit different. previously i was able to just cut and paste my calender posts and drag them ard. Now, i cant...

How are the rest of you guys adapting to it? How are you overcoming it?

simple, by having 2 phones :bsmilie: with 2 different lines .. with 2 different telcos :bsmilie:

ok jokes aside. i got used to the iphone pretty much fast. not using 3gs so no cut and paste function for me, but not big deal. i dont know how to explain.. you'll just find a way yourself and it'll fall into place

simple, by having 2 phones :bsmilie: with 2 different lines .. with 2 different telcos :bsmilie:

ok jokes aside. i got used to the iphone pretty much fast. not using 3gs so no cut and paste function for me, but not big deal. i dont know how to explain.. you'll just find a way yourself and it'll fall into place

DUn need a 3GS to have cut and paste.. the firmware 3.01 and above have this function

DUn need a 3GS to have cut and paste.. the firmware 3.01 and above have this function

yeah, i guess not used to it meaning to be able to cut and paste like Windows Mobile.

I kind of miss the 'file' function where i can write my daily and export them to my C-Drive. Does anyone has a solution to that?

One thing missing is while keying sms, the keyboard doesn't have directional arrows, so if you need to edit text, you'll have to point to the exact right place on your sms or delete until you reach the word you want to edit- abit inconvenient. In windows, you can just press up down left right.

Not true. Just tap and hold on to the location that you want to place your cursor on. A magnifying glass will appear, then drag the cursor to the exact location.

No arrows, save space, and easy to use. Apple is definitely way smarter than Microsoft. :bsmilie:

yeah, i guess not used to it meaning to be able to cut and paste like Windows Mobile.

I kind of miss the 'file' function where i can write my daily and export them to my C-Drive. Does anyone has a solution to that?

No solution to it, but there are apps for you to store your files online and access it any time you want. Should be a paid service.

I am also a WM user converted to iPhone, but got used to it due to its ease of use.

iPhone beats WM way down in every espect. The only complain I have for the iPhone is its battery life, but WM phones are not much better, so iPhone is still my choice. :)

No solution to it, but there are apps for you to store your files online and access it any time you want. Should be a paid service.

I am also a WM user converted to iPhone, but got used to it due to its ease of use.

iPhone beats WM way down in every espect. The only complain I have for the iPhone is its battery life, but WM phones are not much better, so iPhone is still my choice. :)

i see. guess i got to carry a sketch book ard then... :)

does anyone know how to keep track of the numbers of character on each sms? right now there's no way of knowing if the messages are in one or two sms?

thanks...

if you're a using WM posting such a reply, apple fans will say windows is so dumb/user unfriendly.

if you're using apple product, you'll get reply such as "adapt to it", "i don't see why you need this feature", "there are ways to work around it". it is never apple's fault and always due to user stupidity.

A crude way is to send the Doc/Excel file as attachments to your own email. Push it to your iPhone and read it from there. If you want to edit it, you've got to purchase a separate software like QuickOffice, but it's a very simple editing software only. Not worth it I find.

For doc files, I converted them to Notes, and then sync directly. Can view and edit using iPhones' Notes. :)

does anyone know how to keep track of the numbers of character on each sms? right now there's no way of knowing if the messages are in one or two sms?

thanks...

There's no way of keeping track, unless you jailbreak it, which I'm not into it.

It's really dodgy IMO. I think the aim of Apple is to get everyone pass the 160 character limit in every message we send, and ultimately we get charged for it. However, in SG, we usually have a lot of free text messages every month, so this should not be an issue.

Jailbreak iphone make iphone another level above other phones..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.