FOV guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

azul123

Dec 4, 2004
Eastern Bloc
I've been checking my photos and the FOV I mostly take my pictures... I want to get me a fast prime lens. I usually take from a distance of 10-15 feet. Are there any examples out there to see a sample picture showing the various FOV with the different lenses at a fixed distance?

I mean a picture showing one scene with the FOV boxes indicating 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 28mm, etc...

That is someting useful for anyone who wants to see what FOV he is more likely to want. Any help with this is much appreciated. :thumbsup:

../azul123

Oh, forgot to state... interested on FOV on a DSLR.

../azul123

U can grab a copy of Nikon lens catalogue, it has a full page showing the same model shot with diff focal length.

azul123 said:
I usually take from a distance of 10-15 feet.

Just curious.

Is there a special reason why you take pictures from a distance of 10-15 feet?

Thanks Amos for the PM and Austin for your pointers on Nikon catalogue, I now know where to begin and have an idea what primes to look for.

Next I will be doing my searching for how fast lens I needed for normal room lighting conditions during day and flourescent lighting for night.

Most prime lens that are reasonably priced are around F2.8 for wide angles, except the 50mm good enough price for me at F1.8, cheap and good colour.

:thumbsup:

../azul123

student said:
Just curious.

Is there a special reason why you take pictures from a distance of 10-15 feet?
No particular reason, just that from my own observation (non technical reason) I mostly take at this distance using F8 gives me good sharp photos edge to edge.

If flash is needed, this distance also works well for me too. Have to say it may not be the best approach technically.

These are usually photos taken in-doors of family, that is partly the reason why 10-15 feet... it's all I've got to work with most of the time.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.