Foursome.....Taking The Heights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke70prak

Nov 25, 2008
Woodlands
Hi All,
I would like feedback(s) on the composition.
I have composed the picture this way because I want to show the different heights and mood of the four subjects in this picture, taking the pillar as props and skyline background.

I would like feedback on photography techniques.
The following is the camera settings used to photograph this picture:
Focul length - 28mm
1/100s
f/6.3
ISO100

I would like feedback on post processing techniques.
I have done the following post processing because I want to show the main subject which is the foursome and the clean skyline background.

I want to depict the different in heights and mood and I have deliberately retain the colour of the subject and changing the props which is the pillar and grass to monotone.

Picture24BW.jpg

Hope to get honest comment and observation from all experts here.

Cheers
Ke70prak
Noobs:devil:
www.hulubalang.com
www.zietagalleria.multiply.com

Last edited:
You overdid the pp. The highlights look grayish to me.

TS do you have an external flash? if so, fill in might do gd here. Lighting up the faces of the 4 ppl in the pic. Increasing the f stop would be gd too. I would also leave more space on the left of the pic, to have slightly more room above the guy with the blue shirt. Now his fingers are like almost at the edge of the pic.

first off - composition. way too tight. the guy in the foreground is nearly cutting the frame into half. give him more breathing space, by taking a few steps back!

the space is also not consistent. if you wanted a "pattern" like people chain it is not working here because of their positioning.

i find the processing a little erring on the gimmicky side.

No point posting exposure settings if your photo is already corrected, it defeat the purpose.

No point posting exposure settings if your photo is already corrected, it defeat the purpose.

focal length, aperture, shutter speed - all these still apply and apply

whether the picture is corrected or not.

Hmm...

I dun feel or get what you trying to portray.
I am also a beginner, but it looks to me 4 person posing and some PP.

2 cents

:dunno:

I am a beginner in DSLR and I want to learn how people set up their photo shot so that I can copy and learn from them, so please give us or at least for me more of the exposure datas.

I am a beginner in DSLR and I want to learn how people set up their photo shot so that I can copy and learn from them, so please give us or at least for me more of the exposure datas.

First thing you should learn is that you cannot memorize exposure data, as the variables are too great. Location, framing, time of day, ambient light, etc.

You cannot "copy" someone else's data and get the same shot.

I suggest you read your camera manual and online guides on using the histogram. That would be a good start.

Hi all,

This is the original photo taken before pp.
I would like feedback(s) on the composition.
I have composed the picture this way because I want to show the different heights and mood of the four subjects in this picture, taking the pillar as props and skyline background.

Picture24.JPG

Hope to get honest comment and observation from all experts here.

Cheers
Ke70prak
Noobs
www.hulubalang.com
www.zietagalleria.multiply.com

The original picture seems lively compare after the the pp, gloomy I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.