Status
Not open for further replies.

tangoninazero

Feb 25, 2003
Green Mile
tangoninazero.clubsnap.org
Read this new standard for DSLR on the web

www.four-thirds.org

Are nikon or canon DSLR working towards this standard (or are they already at this standard) or is it just Olympus, Kodak and Fuji teaming up together?
;) with this standard (mentioned in the web), photographer can use a brand A lense with brand B body. (meaning the possibility of having a nikon on a canon) :D

That means that Nikon and Canon have to change mounts...unlikely since they have so broad a customer's base currently.

Another line? Maybe.

Just curious, what do you think the usage will be like if there was conformity?

Nikon Bodies + Canon lenses?
Canon Bodies + Nikkor lenses?

Heehee.

Probably a little OT but here goes.... It puzzles me why the industry wants to adopt the 4:3 format, a slightly "wider" 3:2 photo definitely looks better to me. I understand that there will be lots of technical benefits by switching over to 4:3. However, aesthetically the slightly "wider" 3:2 format feels that much more dynamic. Movies screened in cinemas are shot wide screened, why? The TV industry is also trying to switch from 4:3 to 16:9 (wide screen), why? So, aesthetically, is the digital photography industry moving backwards by going for the 4:3? What do u people think?

Noir said:
Probably a little OT but here goes.... It puzzles me why the industry wants to adopt the 4:3 format, a slightly "wider" 3:2 photo definitely looks better to me. I understand that there will be lots of technical benefits by switching over to 4:3. However, aesthetically the slightly "wider" 3:2 format feels that much more dynamic. Movies screened in cinemas are shot wide screened, why? The TV industry is also trying to switch from 4:3 to 16:9 (wide screen), why? So, aesthetically, is the digital photography industry moving backwards by going for the 4:3? What do u people think?

very very true...
i mean if you don't like 4/3, just use 3/2 lor... no harm... its just a new development direction, doesn't mean that you cannot use the old ones... just like some people are still using their 35mm p&S camera (i read up here that some pro of the pro uses that too?) happily and they take good pictures too..

Status
Not open for further replies.