Four-Third / Micro Four-Third

kevyan

Jan 5, 2005
PR
Hi all,

can someone please enlighten me in a simplify way what is four-third / micro four-third system?

And how does it compare to the current DSLR? Thank you very much.

Hi all,

I tried wikipedia and olympus site, read it. Trying to understand it.

So it doesn't has a mirror in it, sensor size is smaller thus resulting lens can be smaller. But I read that the IQ of 4/3 system is better than DSLR, but another site stated otherwise.

So is 4/3 system better than the normal DSLR or it's a different breed altogether?

Hi all,

I tried wikipedia and olympus site, read it. Trying to understand it.

So it doesn't has a mirror in it, sensor size is smaller thus resulting lens can be smaller. But I read that the IQ of 4/3 system is better than DSLR, but another site stated otherwise.

So is 4/3 system better than the normal DSLR or it's a different breed altogether?

sensor size has nothing to do with a mirror,without a mirror and a smaller sensor size,a smaller camera body can be obtained,that is what micro four thirds is

four thirds promoted is supposedly better, but that is subjective, what works for me may not be so much so the same for you, I like papaya,you like apple

4/3 itself is a DSLR but just using a different format

Basically 4/3 and m4/3 employ the same sensor, it's just that m4/3 is more compact as the mirror is removed. But we cannot have the optical viewfinder like 4/3 system. Instead we can only rely on live view (like normal PnS cameras) or digital viewfinder.