Four killed in Toa payoh explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
SINGAPORE : Four people were killed and 2 seriously injured when a fire broke out at an industrial estate in Toa Payoh late Tuesday morning.

According to a radio report, witnesses heard an explosion.

The report added that a man and a woman jumped from the high-rise office.

The fire is believed to have broken out at an advertising agency.

Channel NewsAsia reporter Ken Teh, at the scene, said the victims' bodies were burnt beyond recognition.

He also reported windows of a nearby building were shattered.

A police spokewoman said it was not immediately known what caused the explosion.

Civil defence officers were said to be investigating the cause of the blast.

The explosion occurred at Blk 1001 Lorong 5, Toa Payoh. - CNA

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/66065/1/.html

ninelives said:
SINGAPORE : Four people were killed and 2 seriously injured when a fire broke out at an industrial estate in Toa Payoh late Tuesday morning.

According to a radio report, witnesses heard an explosion.

The report added that a man and a woman jumped from the high-rise office.

The fire is believed to have broken out at an advertising agency.

Channel NewsAsia reporter Ken Teh, at the scene, said the victims' bodies were burnt beyond recognition.

He also reported windows of a nearby building were shattered.

A police spokewoman said it was not immediately known what caused the explosion.

Civil defence officers were said to be investigating the cause of the blast.

The explosion occurred at Blk 1001 Lorong 5, Toa Payoh. - CNA

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/66065/1/.html

Blk 1001 is the Esso Petrol Station... & where did the people jump down from?
Hmmm... Maybe my window shattered...

sunday around kallang have an explosion as well... i am at my office at that time & my electricity suddenly got cut. i thought my aircon explode. den later saw alot of police on the bridge... wonder wats the cause

IT'S THE TERRORISTS!!

No lar.

I think it's some kind of industrial accident. Happens all the time.

del, u referring to the sunday fire around the area where there's this 2 way traffic bridge/road that crosses the kallang river? at around 7pm? i was jogging i nthat area and i went up the bridge 4 times between 7pm and 830pm (it was part of my jogging route loop) and saw police cars/scdf vehicles..and i noticed the stone blocks making up the bridge structure was kinda charred...was wondering what the hell happenned :think:

Explosion at petrol station? How to jump from petrol station?

My condolences to the families.

clive said:
del, u referring to the sunday fire around the area where there's this 2 way traffic bridge/road that crosses the kallang river? at around 7pm? i was jogging i nthat area and i went up the bridge 4 times between 7pm and 830pm (it was part of my jogging route loop) and saw police cars/scdf vehicles..and i noticed the stone blocks making up the bridge structure was kinda charred...was wondering what the hell happenned :think:

actually its before 7pm the explosion sound. think its about 4-5pm...

this thread beri strange ....
four lives taken away, as reported by ninelives?
hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.