Fountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

sail2horizon

Sep 16, 2005
Northern
What do you think of this pic? Is the surrounding to messy?
C&C are welcome to improve this shot. TIA.

fountain1.jpg

no apparent depth between subject and background - flat. tones and colour are also very close, so makes the contrast even harder to tell. were you too focused on trying to frame the subject?

Trigger Happy said:
no apparent depth between subject and background - flat. tones and colour are also very close, so makes the contrast even harder to tell. were you too focused on trying to frame the subject?

I guess so. Thanks for pointing that out, didn't notice about that though (maybe from my noob eye). Will pay more attention to that next time. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Framing wise, the leaves do lead the eyes to the subject. But colour/contrast wise, everything is too flat. What would really work if you're not too against photoshop is to use some of the cross processing actions to tweak the colours.

Perhaps either a) pull back and move the statue a little off centre to make it look like something glimpsed through a hole in the leaves, or b) zoom in a bit more so the the DOF blurs the leaves and "suggests" a frame without being such a strong element of the picture.

Note that I am talking about small adjustments/differences in perspective, not major movements.

I agree with them, it looks a bit flat. You need to adjust or play with the colors...Goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.