Fountain Pen Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff chen

Sep 1, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi, was wondering if anyone knows of Fountain Pen Forum like what we have for Cameras in Clubsnap?

If you are able to provide link, that would be good. Thanks. ;)

i guess you...are indeed a rich man such that u have an interest in fountain pens ;-)

clive said:
i guess you...are indeed a rich man such that u have an interest in fountain pens ;-)

there are cheap and affordable fountain pen, to set the record straight. :cool:

Yap, there are $10 a piece made in China and there are also range from $100+ a piece from Parker to $2000+ a piece from Montegrappa ;)

So you see it needs not to be expensive to own one fountain pen. :nono:

speaking of that, any1 knows where to get a flexible fine nib calligraphy pen? i dun wanna get those that comes in a set selling in popular...was wondering where got sell those individual ones...anyone?

Go to Art Friend at Bras Basah Complex. they do sell fibre tip fountain pen and is disposable.
Costs abt $4.50 each if i didn't remember wrongly.

Both Zekai and Knight Ong are correct. Fountain Pens comes in many version, from cheap to the real expensive Mont Blanc and Montegrappa.

Unless you are a Limited Edition Fountain Pen Accumulator :bsmilie: then you are super rich.

If you are only a collector, then you are still an average joe I guess :dunno: :D

But wait till you start writing with a good Fountain Pen, then you will know the joys of writing :D :bsmilie:

jeff chen said:
Both Zekai and Knight Ong are correct. Fountain Pens comes in many version, from cheap to the real expensive Mont Blanc and Montegrappa.

Unless you are a Limited Edition Fountain Pen Accumulator :bsmilie: then you are super rich.

If you are only a collector, then you are still an average joe I guess :dunno: :D

But wait till you start writing with a good Fountain Pen, then you will know the joys of writing :D :bsmilie:
Woo....I tot i am the odd one out....I use and love fountain pen.

SSEOWW located on the second level of Peninsular Plaza provides very good service and sells pens at very good prices. I didn't buy my Duofold from them but I just sent it to them for repairs cos my bro dropped it causing the crown emblem to drop off....

I'm so helpless without my fountain pen now.. :(

garvinchow said:
Woo....I tot i am the odd one out....I use and love fountain pen.

SSEOWW located on the second level of Peninsular Plaza provides very good service and sells pens at very good prices. I didn't buy my Duofold from them but I just sent it to them for repairs cos my bro dropped it causing the crown emblem to drop off....

I'm so helpless without my fountain pen now.. :(

i dun feel like writing without one, sadly we use a lot of lousy paper (thin) and they dun take our pen too well.

I know some like SSEOW but I shop around for the best deals. Honestly, there is no one favourite for me, but some shops I patron includes Coral and Elephant. They sell good quality paper for writing too! :bsmilie:

Moreover, there are 3 lovely ladies at Coral and Elephant, I call them Herman's Angels. ;p

But seriously, if you are a collector or an accumulator like me :D you go round Singapore to hunt for them :bsmilie:

Which reminds me never to go to the Mont Blanc boutique in Ngee Ann City, cause everytime I go there only want to buy their Limited Edition after drooling on their display case :lovegrin: but then no money to buy so :cry: :cry: alot

I sometimes I am decadent because I plan to actually use some of these very expensive Limited Edition Fountains in the near future ;) HELP ! :D :D

Have been using fountain pen since Pri 4....then those china brand only costs $1 ea at the school's bookshops.

My current Fav is parker... cost about $20 (I think) it's with me for years.

Hate those carbon papers though.. :bsmilie:

Seriously, how many people still use carbon papers? I remember years ago my manager would sign using his Fountain Pen on triplicates of Carbon Paper... :bigeyes:

Talk about messy ;)

jeff chen said:
I know some like SSEOW but I shop around for the best deals. Honestly, there is no one favourite for me, but some shops I patron includes Coral and Elephant. They sell good quality paper for writing too! :bsmilie:

Moreover, there are 3 lovely ladies at Coral and Elephant, I call them Herman's Angels. ;p

But seriously, if you are a collector or an accumulator like me :D you go round Singapore to hunt for them :bsmilie:

Which reminds me never to go to the Mont Blanc boutique in Ngee Ann City, cause everytime I go there only want to buy their Limited Edition after drooling on their display case :lovegrin: but then no money to buy so :cry: :cry: alot

I sometimes I am decadent because I plan to actually use some of these very expensive Limited Edition Fountains in the near future ;) HELP ! :D :D
Yup...I'm like you but I can't afford to buy limited edition pen...the only thing i could afford is a Duofold Platinum....hee...

And I've been using that ever since....becomes a part of me, an extension of my finger....sigh...i'm missing it now...

I love my Waterman fountain pens, owned three, using each till the fine nibs became broad! My previous gloss barrel was scratched so bad that it turned matt, and my current matt is so well oiled by my hand that is looks gloss.

I hate it when my boss uses my fountain pen, squeeze real hard and always almost destroy the nib. Another boss of mine uses Waterman fountain pen, too.

Writing from fountain pens have character that ball points and roller points can't show. It's like the lack of dynamic range in digital photography.

In Malaysia, during my primary school days, we started ink hand-writing classes using fountain pens, everyone. That was back in about 1984. I realised that many Singaporeans do not even know of fountain pens.

Techically, drafting pen (Rotring, Faber-Castle, Pelican, etc) are also fountain pens, and can be very fine (0.1mm).

Didn't realise that there so many fountain pens lovers in CS... I have several fountain, mostly from Parker. The one that I bring with me everywhere I go is my Parker Duofold.

The truth is, I have not write with ballpoint or rollerball for many years. It has been like a trademark to me.

HRKB said:
Didn't realise that there so many fountain pens lovers in CS... I have several fountain, mostly from Parker. The one that I bring with me everywhere I go is my Parker Duofold.

The truth is, I have not write with ballpoint or rollerball for many years. It has been like a trademark to me.

MMMM...I never realize that there are so many out there who use fountain pen...I thought I was the odd one.
I simply love them.... :heart:

I dont really collect lah. Ones that I get are those that I think are nice and affordable and I use them. One of my friend who collects ... never uses his collection.... :dunno:
My gf simply hates writing with fountain pens and I get scolded everytime she needs a pen to write something and the only one I have is a fountain :confused: She simply cannot believe that I still stick to such an archaic writing tool.
I'm using Pelikan Souveran today. What are you guys using?

Using Parker Sonnet, $108. ;)

Got a Millennium limited edition Montegrappa fountain pen, after that can't afford anymore coz too expensive to collect and own. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.