FOUNDATION STUDY ON ARCHITECTURE AND CITYSCAPE BY NG NGOK SWEE
Date : 17/03/2018 (Sat) 04:30 PM - 07:30 PM
Explore the city with Ng Ngok Swee and discover it's unlimited potential.
The urban environment are filled with geometries and patterns. What seem mundane is a wealth of opportunity to the trained eye.
With natural light and shadows, they can cast a distinct impression on the photograph. Yet under the overcast skies, their truest forms are yours to capture.
You will be also be taught to juxtaposition synthetic forms with the elements to realise surrealism unseen to the eyes.
This workshop is highly recommended for beginners as a foundation study into photography.
Instructor: Ng Ngok Swee
Ngok Swee first ventured into photography with a film rangefinder in his secondary school days. Soon enough, he was spending much of his time in the darkroom, developing mainly black and white photographs. After retiring from the workforce several years ago, Ngok Swee decided to devote his time to pursuing his two passions: travel and photography.
Surreal images taken during his trip to North Island, New Zealand, made it to the top 10 finals in the Sony World Photography Awards, and were featured in the Sony Alpha Magazine.
To participate, you need to have either:
- Completed SDW's Fundamental handling workshop.
- Process fundamental knowledge of operating your camera in manual mode.
- A interchangeable lens digital camera capable of manual modes.
- A Tripod is highly recommended.
- Compression effect & Perspective distortion
- Application of lenses (Ultra Wide Angle, Telephoto and Fisheye)
- Studies on geometrical patterns
- Rule of Space
- Working with golden hours (depending on weather condition)
- Long exposure photography