Found Your AnchorPoint????

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfanic

Apr 3, 2009
http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/thumbs/Anchorpoint_1.jpg

Took this picture at the Changi Jetty one morning. The picture was taken at F2.8, ISO 200 with shutter speed of 1/1250. It was in color but the background with all the different color of boats is kind of causing distraction from the main subject so i convert to B+W.

Post processing with abit of Cropping of the left, sharpening and increase the contrast.

I put to f2.8 trying to have a nice bokeh but not sure whether i have overdone it till people can't really tell what is the subject in the foreground. Is there a better way to frame this picture to get the right mood out?

C & C welcome.

Thanks. I have re-size the picture.

Let me help. TS, you may like to quote my post to see how it is displayed. I added in the
and removed the "thumbs".

Anchorpoint.jpg

Err, seems like TS uploaded a pretty big shot for the original..

Hmm, TS, seems a bit out of focus?

Last edited:
definitely oof.

i do not know what ts is trying to show here.

if it is a play of dof, then get the focus right. if it is intended to be deep, it is not.

Hi Yapster, thanks for your help. Really having some problem sizing the picture.

I have re-sized the picture again and sharpen it. Is it still OOF?

Try to stop down your aperture next time. I can't tell what your background is, and its relationship with the anchoring point.

I'd found it....at Alexandra Road, just opposite Ikea...:bsmilie:

I have re-sized the picture again and sharpen it. Is it still OOF?

sharpening using editing software cant really help to correct OOF, correct thing to do is to get ur subject to be in focus and not try to salvage a OOF picture via editing.

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/thumbs/Anchorpoint_1.jpg

Took this picture at the Changi Jetty one morning. The picture was taken at F2.8, ISO 200 with shutter speed of 1/1250. It was in color but the background with all the different color of boats is kind of causing distraction from the main subject so i convert to B+W.

Post processing with abit of Cropping of the left, sharpening and increase the contrast.

I put to f2.8 trying to have a nice bokeh but not sure whether i have overdone it till people can't really tell what is the subject in the foreground. Is there a better way to frame this picture to get the right mood out?

C & C welcome.

Before we even get to the pic..
Maybe you can tell us what is a nice bokeh. =)

Regards

Hmm .. if i am not mistaken .. that is a mooring bollard ..

sharpening using editing software cant really help to correct OOF, correct thing to do is to get ur subject to be in focus and not try to salvage a OOF picture via editing.

Totally agree with you. Must get my basic fundamentals right...at least get the subject on focus. Still very new into photography and will continue to shoot more..Thanks

i dont get the picture... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.