Found Pentax Gold (& Pentax Model) at SITEX 2010

zoom3

May 18, 2007
Singapore
Went to the SITEX show real early this morning. Thought the show opens at 10 am but it was 11 am instead. Waited around for an hour or so :bsmilie:

Had intended to buy something from Emjay but was not sure what. There were plenty of lenses available, plus flashes, K-r & K-5. The prices seems okay. The new DA35 AL was also available in all 3 colours - black, sliver & gold. This is great I thought. So I requested to have a play with them and the minute I saw the gold one, I was completely sold ! It was simply irrestible. Would have been much nicer if it has the metal body like the limiteds but hey, for the price, it is excellent value. And of course the pic IQ is excellent too.

Here are some pics from the show. Except pic 1, all were taken with the gold DA35 & K-5. Don't know whether there will be anymore available tomorrow but if interested, should drop in. If interested but don't want to buy, I suggest you say home. Or else, no turning back ;)

1. Blng Bling
IMGP0435.jpg

2. Long time no see Pentax model
IMGP6635.jpg

3. Putting the K-5 high ISO capability to work
IMGP6638.jpg

Last edited:
4. Nice K-r. Just love P E N T A X
IMGP6633.jpg

5. The Pentax, Sanyo booth
IMGP6643.jpg

6. Stock, stock, stock
IMGP6600.jpg

7. Hi !
IMGP6649.jpg

Last edited:
Lol.The Gold lens Running Out Soon.
And i dont think so k-5 will appear there as its left with less than 10.....
Imma Newbie.So dont reply me as i take sometime....
:angel:

Nice... Anyone care to share more of the models? lenses or otherwise :)

I think after this round , pp will be start asking "should I wait for the next "IT show" to get my camera or will IT show be cheaper and we can't give them the standard reply that "pentax not selling at IT show " lol

well done emjay :)

Agree. Emjay need to keep building on the renewed interest in Pentax DSLR and not let this opportunity to gain wider acceptance pass.....

Last edited:
I hate you Emjay!

You priced the Pentax stuff so cheap you tempt me to buy buy buy! :bsmilie:

I hate you Emjay!

You priced the Pentax stuff so cheap you tempt me to buy buy buy! :bsmilie:

You in the pic, right. Sorry, I should have said hello :)

ya, I was buying the DFA50. You should have called out to me and I would pose with the lens! ;)

Last edited:
I saw you scrutinizing the DFA50. Thought I won't interfere :bsmilie:

6. Stock, stock, stock
IMGP6600.jpg

hmm..i went down at 12pm and was told the 50-135 is sold out..that must hv been the last one :bsmilie:

Wonder who bought it. Anyway, price quoted is about the same from say SLRR. So no big loss :)

Wonder who bought it. Anyway, price quoted is about the same from say SLRR. So no big loss :)

Sorry for the OT but now that the new DC motor has gotten a rave review from pentax forums, do you guys still think its advisable to get sdm lenses?

Sorry for the OT but now that the new DC motor has gotten a rave review from pentax forums, do you guys still think its advisable to get sdm lenses?

why not? the DA* range is all SDM :bsmilie:

i don't think they can change the whole line-up from SDM to DC overnight ;)

why not? the DA* range is all SDM :bsmilie:

i don't think they can change the whole line-up from SDM to DC overnight ;)

Haha. Matter of time i guess. In the meantime I shall have my new 18-135mm to play with....:D

haha..ya..manage to get my copy from AP in funan..seems like its a hot lens..SLRR was out of stock and not sure when new stock will come in :)

I dun think the New DC will take over SDM. Maybe they would come up with a new motor. Who Knows?

guys, there was a thread that emjay is extending the promotion for sitex for furmmers. I can't seem to find it anymore. Was it deleted? Wanted to put my name down. :(

*nvm, i found it.

Last edited: