Found Old Nikon Equipment ! Help !

NigelSeah77

Aug 22, 2009
Hi guys,

When i jumped onto my wonderful photography journey, i jumped right into digital photography. Pioneering the hobby with my beloved D3000 which has recently been outcast by my new mistress D7000. Thus i am completely clueless with film equipment.

However, just a few minutes ago. I found old nikon camera gear in my girlfriend's house, which her family does not want. Its a Nikon F401x loaded with a Nikkor AF 35-70 3.3-4.5 and a SB-25 flash along side it.

Here are my questions :

1) what is the value of the camera, both monetary and history of it ? (would love to learn more about nikon, although i've yet to do my own research)
i'm considering selling it off since i do not use film at all.
2) Can i use my Sb-25 with my D7000 ?

THank you for all your help guys.

Hi guys,

When i jumped onto my wonderful photography journey, i jumped right into digital photography. Pioneering the hobby with my beloved D3000 which has recently been outcast by my new mistress D7000. Thus i am completely clueless with film equipment.

However, just a few minutes ago. I found old nikon camera gear in my girlfriend's house, which her family does not want. Its a Nikon F401x loaded with a Nikkor AF 35-70 3.3-4.5 and a SB-25 flash along side it.

Here are my questions :

1) what is the value of the camera, both monetary and history of it ? (would love to learn more about nikon, although i've yet to do my own research)
i'm considering selling it off since i do not use film at all.
2) Can i use my Sb-25 with my D7000 ?

THank you for all your help guys.

oooh SB25. i use to hunt for the old SBs, 24 25 etc, i believe there are still people hunting for it.

- Nikon F401 introduced in 1987 is a follow-up to their first autofocus SLR in 1986, the Nikon F-501.

- Nikon AF Zoom-Nikkor 35-70 mm f/3.3-4.5 is a combination of low cost and convenience lens. introduced in 1986

- Nikon SB 25 first introduced in 1992

- They are all Low/No resale value sort of old things.

- SB25 can use on D7000, but no TTL.

:):)

ok i may not be help full with questions you asked. but if you are selling it than PLS try to running a nice film thru it before selling. You will love the results :) its a diff feeling shooting film.