Found a lens in the storeroom

afiyy

Jul 19, 2010
So yeah found this lens inside a camera bag and is there a way that I could attach to it my kit lens or something . Its a fisheye lens anyway

IMG_0182.jpg
IMG_0183.jpg
IMG_0184.jpg

looks like a wide angle converter that is screw in to your lens filter thread.

i place it infront of my lens (dont worry theres filter infront of my kit lens)
i tried taking pictures with it and its a fisheye

On the 1st photo on the left, this attachment lens already fitted into a UV filter, PL ULTRAVOILET (UV) 4Xmm , guessing it should of 49mm filter size. What kit lens are you using ? As far I know, modern digital kit lens seldom have 49 or 4X mm filter ring, either 52mm, 55mm, 58mm etc. U can tried find an adaptor ring or step ring , this attachment should be either Series V or Series VI, slighting bigger than 58mm. Good luck!

I used to have 3 lying around in my dry cabinet. It should wide angle convertor. The macro is when u unscrew back portion and screw it into your lens. The red color 0.45X should be the magnification.

2nd pic reveals the infamous 'GROBARTIG' wide angle adapter, you can find the stuffs also in Buy&Sell here. The name is a silly attempt to use a German word (großartig - meaning 'great'), but the jokers didn't understand the special German character (ß) and used the B instead. Completely unknown in Germany, the spelling mistake would give it the label 'Cheap crap Made in China'.
Use it for fun pictures to be uploaded to facebook.

I'm on kit lens with a 52mm diameter.
So is there a way that I could attach it to my current lens ?

I'm on kit lens with a 52mm diameter.
So is there a way that I could attach it to my current lens ?

Sure, if you like heavy vignetting you can use a step-down ring. Do note the filter in the picture has a 4xmm thread, maybe 49 or even less. Remove the filter, get a step-down ring from 52mm to the size of the filter.

Sure, if you like heavy vignetting you can use a step-down ring. Do note the filter in the picture has a 4xmm thread, maybe 49 or even less. Remove the filter, get a step-down ring from 52mm to the size of the filter.

I think I just head up to any shop to do it . Thanks anyway

better if you check thoroughly for any fungus. You dont want to get the rest of your gears infected.