Fotoguide closing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zen

Hi people
went down to fotoguide today and the guy told me that they are winding down the shop liao. He never say the exact date but i guess it would be soon that there might be a closing down sale?
Well i guess biz is really bad due to the SARS thingy... my dad's shop sales had dropped 50%... i guess its time to spend less on camera equipment liao

What?? They are my favourite shop. They are honest and does not markup their stuff for walk-in customers (at least for me) not like some other shops.

Oh man ... I will really dread the day they close.:rolleyes: :bheart:

Anyone can confirm this? Is Fotoguide really closing?

There goes my favourite filter shop....

nah he did not say when confirm closing but when i buy a lens from him today and ask him for his namecard he said "Nah dun bother la. I will be closing this shop soon"

:what:

I guess he is saying that even if my len got problem also no point to come back and find him

Originally posted by ckiang
Well, FotoGuide originated from ex-CP staff.... :)

Regards
CK

From what i heard, the boss of Fotoguide was one of the shareholders of CP, until they had a disagreement.

He then apparently pulled out of the store, and set up Fotoguide.

Another CP-worthy competitor lost... :(

Originally posted by SNAG
From what i heard, the boss of Fotoguide was one of the shareholders of CP, until they had a disagreement.

He then apparently pulled out of the store, and set up Fotoguide.

Another CP-worthy competitor lost... :(

huh? i thought Cathay is a family business? :dunno:

:cry:

That was the place where my photography journey began! I really like their service there...tink I have bought more items from them than any other camera shops in Singapore :(

:cry: :cry:

Except for their Sigma and Tamron lenses, I could never really quite figure out what fotoguide is trying to sell.

They've got B&W stuffs too, like the harder to get Agfa range of Rodinal... I am gonna miss their friendly services if they go...

Originally posted by Parchiao
Except for their Sigma and Tamron lenses, I could never really quite figure out what fotoguide is trying to sell.

Originally posted by mervlam
huh? i thought Cathay is a family business? :dunno:

I'm not sure as to whether this is true or not..
But this was what I heard from my dad, in the olden days... (not sure how long ago.. maybe 10 - 15 years ago?)

NO!... Fotoguide close liao then go elsewhere kena kotok!! Damn..... I hope it's not due to SARS... anyway SARS is fairly recent... I dun think that's justification to wind up?

Status
Not open for further replies.