Fotoguide closing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by denizenx
oh no then where to get sigma stuff quickly?

John 3:16 at Funan sells Sigma products too. You should get to know Samuel there too. Nice chap!

Originally posted by mervlam
John 3:16 at Funan sells Sigma products too. You should get to know Samuel there too. Nice chap!

haha!! he's a bit TOO nice.. :bsmilie:

Price war among camera retailer make good for end user. Some smaller retailer like Fotoguide will not be able to challenge the big gun and have to closed (If really closed shop). Recently too many thing happened and really hurt retail market badly. Many company cannot make it to hold the ground either to down size the operation here or call it a day. No one rules forever. It's sad but true.

Originally posted by BraveHart
:cry:

That was the place where my photography journey began! I really like their service there...tink I have bought more items from them than any other camera shops in Singapore :(

:cry: :cry:

Same here!! :cry:

nice and friendly people at Foto Guide. Would really hate to see them go. I've bought quite a lot of accessories and even a PnS cam from them....

Could it be partnership problem? Just guessing :dunno:

juz wonder, any CSer rich enough to take over ?? :D
maybe this would benefit all?

This is really bad news. I bought a lot of good stuff from them before too & they used to give better prices than other stores on some items but not so recently as I guess they can't keep up with the bigger guys.

Gonna miss Nelson, Lim (& er, William) if they go. Really sad.:( :rolleyes:

I've never shopped there before but from the opinions expressed they have decent service and prices. If its recommend-worthy maybe CSers might want to give them a try for their next purchase, sale or no sale. Its not like CP is going to miss your money in the short term :p.

It may not save the shop but still a nice gesture.

Originally posted by mervlam

Yah the other time I went John 3:16 they ask me to go to chruch with them... :bsmilie:

As for Fotoguide, I think it's time for us to buy what we want asap before it really closes. They do carry some stuff that could not be easily found.

mine dad went down to chat with the ppl in fotoguide yesterday, anyway,Fotoguide is not closing. Thye are just moving to a new premise. Penisular is just too competitive. So no worries man, fotoguide is still in business.

Originally posted by leewt214
mine dad went down to chat with the ppl in fotoguide yesterday, anyway,Fotoguide is not closing. Thye are just moving to a new premise. Penisular is just too competitive. So no worries man, fotoguide is still in business.

Great news! So where are they moving to?

Hey update me!! I wanna know where fotoguide is going...darn friendly chaps and people. Helpful also. Went all out to prove that one accessory I wanna buy will not be usable on my cam.

Now where do you find such salespersons?

Great news.:thumbsup:

Yeah! Long live to competition! ;)

If your lens got problem, go find him before the end of April, otherwise use the distributors/manufacturer's warranty service...

Originally posted by zen
nah he did not say when confirm closing but when i buy a lens from him today and ask him for his namecard he said "Nah dun bother la. I will be closing this shop soon"

:what:

I guess he is saying that even if my len got problem also no point to come back and find him

Fotoguide boss related to CP and used to work with them untill they branch out.

Originally posted by SNAG
From what i heard, the boss of Fotoguide was one of the shareholders of CP, until they had a disagreement.

He then apparently pulled out of the store, and set up Fotoguide.

Another CP-worthy competitor lost... :(

Heng ah.

Doubt they will close down now. They got so much extra free publicity from this thread!!!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.