Forums Software update and a makeover

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Hi members,

As you might have noticed, the site has been given a makeover :D

We updated our forums software to the latest version (to keep in line with security updates and underlying OS requirements) and unfortunately, our old theme broke with the upgrade. The theme designer did not update the themes to accomodate the latest version and he/she is also no longer contactable thus we had to search for and install a new theme.

As in all updates/upgrades, please keep an eye out for weird or out-of-place stuff in the forums and report them into this thread in the Feedback section - Issue Reporting.

New with this update is the ability for members to choose the colors of the theme. Currently it is set to default to a bluish theme and if you prefer, you can switch to a grey theme using the drop-down box at the bottom of the page. The switch should carry over to future browsing sessions until you change it again. We will be looking at adding more colors as time goes by based on feedback from all of you.

Thank you for your patience during the short downtime, and thank you all immensely for the support and patronage of ClubSNAP Photography Community over all these years.

the new theme looks 'Metro-ish' and I like it haha.

thank you for all the work in maintaining this community !

phew.. great to have the grey version.. more eyes friendly

phew.. great to have the grey version.. more eyes friendly
Noted. If there is enough response, we can change the default theme to the grey version.

The contrast between words and background is no good. Eye-straining..
Pls. do something..

The contrast between words and background is no good. Eye-straining..
Pls. do something..

Please try the Grey theme - you can switch using the dropdown menu at the bottom right-side of the page.

i dislike it in a major way.. Dont "fix" something when it aint broken. I find everything hard to read now, and the front page is so underwhelming. You should have people give you REAL feedback.. ass kissers will only bring you down.

i dislike it in a major way.. Dont "fix" something when it aint broken. I find everything hard to read now, and the front page is so underwhelming. You should have people give you REAL feedback.. ass kissers will only bring you down.

wow... ass kissers.... did you read Darren's post in #1 the reason why? and you do understand that this thread is started to gather feedback....

if you don't appreciate the work that our Admins are doing on their own dime.... please leave rather than spew out such nonsense.

Ohh ok I just read it.. I'm deeply sorry the old theme broke. my sincere apologies!

wow... ass kissers.... did you read Darren's post in #1 the reason why? and you do understand that this thread is started to gather feedback....

if you don't appreciate the work that our Admins are doing on their own dime.... please leave rather than spew out such nonsense.

Metro Grey theme is slightly easier on the eyes than Metro but overall still too "bright" and lacks contrast. It makes reading straining and very tiring. Any way to customize another theme that's closer to the original? Font also needs to be adjusted. A wall of text will be difficult to read with current settings.

Last edited:
Appreciate the feedback thus far and we will be doing on-going tweaks to the theme as we do not expect 100% perfection at launch.

Things like colors, font sizes and contrast can be changed and what was more important for this initial makeover was that overall functionality of the site was maintained.

sad to see the old theme go, but staying up to date with upgrades is always a good thing. kudos for keeping things running!

find the new theme hard to read, would appreciate if there's some other theme out there that's similar to the old one, if not i guess grey's slightly better on the eyes. thanks for the hardwork! :)

Please try the Grey theme - you can switch using the dropdown menu at the bottom right-side of the page.

Hi Darren:
The option to change the "forum skin" is at the top right (not bottom right) under "Forum Action". Anyway, the grey is definitely the better option. The light blue against the white background is really bad for the eyes and I can't barely read it on my ipad. Anyway, thanks for facilitating this and guiding us through.

These are not bugs but the color setting is off. In the Notification above, the hyperlinks are now invisible (after the word "Details here") because the font color and the background are the same

Trade in Any Printers* & Enjoy 50% Saving - Exclusive for ClubSNAP Members Details here : 1st Nov to 30th Nov 2013 -

Exclusive for ClubSNAP Members Kapit Pilipinas - Photoaid for Philippines Haiyan Victims Details here : Calling For Volunteers, they need our Help!!!

Thanks Admin for the hardwork.
Anyone encounter this problem? When use Firefox & Chrome display garbled, for IE seem ok.
Like below screen: