Squid

Jun 10, 2004
FORMULA ONE- The Great Design Race
Event Dates : 25th Aug 2008 to 2nd Oct 2008
Time of Event : 10am - 8pm, daily
Venue: : National Museum of Singapore
Category : Talk, Heritage, Exhibition

Description
Thrilling and addictive, Formula One is among the world's most popular sports. Over eight million viewers in the UK alone watch it on television during Grand Prix weekends. Behind the sport is an intensely secretive industry, which invests millions of pounds in design and technology every year. For the first time the public will be able to discover the design innovations at the heart of Formula One in a touring exhibition from the Design Museum, London. A series of design stories explains the aerodynamics of the chassis and cockpit; the power generated by the engine, gearbox and fuel; and the advances in suspension, brakes and tyres which determine the drivers’ ability to control their cars at extraordinarily high speed and often perilous conditions.

Actual F1 cars used in the various races will be exhibited- Cooper T51, Brabham B24, Williams FW14B and the Renault R2

Ticketing
Free admission for the exhibits
Related workshops & conferences will be ticketed events

Website
http://designsingapore.org
Webpage not accessible at time of thread posting

Contact Person/Event Organiser
Kaylen Wong
DesignSingapore Council
kaylen_wong@mica.gov.sg

Information as posted on Visit Singapore website

is photography allowed? museums dont allow cameras inside right?

Free admission, right? Would like to go down take a look.
Just wondering if photography is allowed or not.

as i quote from the poster
---
Ticketing
Free admission for the exhibits
Related workshops & conferences will be ticketed events
---

Free admission, right? Would like to go down take a look.
Just wondering if photography is allowed or not.

should be ok as long as u dun use flash

If you want to be safe in museums, bring both SLR and PnS.
Last time i was using SLR in Singapore Art Museum and got stopped by security.
So I kept my SLR and changed to PnS... no problem... shot everything, did not get stopped. :bsmilie:
So this is my museum photography strategy lah. :sweatsm:

I think many CSer's including myself took loads of pixs of the Audi when it was displayed there.......

Took pic a number of time in National Musuem and even in the event hall, so far no problem but no flash allow.

In fact, they just place a sign around the lobby at the rear stating "photo taking encourage, just bring your own cam" :cool: During my shoot there last week the guard ask if i got permit. But when I point to the signboard, he just walk away......WTF wrong with him???

Last edited:
think the event is cancelled as all relevant links are removed

Status
Not open for further replies.