Formula Drift Singapore 2010 (24 - 25 Apr 2010)

woo~ its here again!

Thanks~!

can anyone enlighten me on the grandstand and walkabout? cause it seems from sistic is that 2 squares 1 can seat 1 cannot =.= issit like F1 walkabout? cause i dont want to be constrained to a particular area=.=

Grandstand - you can be seated but its freeseating, u can venture to the walkabt area. Entrance to grandstand guarded by securities to check on ur tix.

Walkabt - As it said only confined to the walkabt area n public area, cant enter into grandstand

which part of the circuit will it be at?

Details is in the website kindly refer to it

hmmm... i can't find it. near the paddock?

may be the question sounds stupid but is ther any specific location for photo opportunities. I have never been the motor races before? Walkabout tickets mean u can walk by the side of the track behind barricade?

Looks like the grandstand is at the exact same location as the Formula One first turn grandstand.
I just bought my grandstand ticket today (free range seating), I was told you can also walkabout with a grandstand tic. FYI, they are 2-day pass.
There's gallery pics on the official site, so that might give you a rough indication where we can take pics (i've never been before).

http://www.formuladrift.com.sg/gallery.php

So did any of you guys go last year?
Did anyone bother taking tripod?
Did you just stick to fast shutter speeds, or follow the motion of the car then click? (not sure if there's a technical term for that, but it gives a b/g motion blur effect).

01.jpg

31.jpg

96.jpg

All photos are copyright of Binter & Co. Pte Ltd. All Rights Reserved

Last edited:
the bg blur is called panning. hope they don't put up the fence....

I did went for the event last yr

Here are some of my Virgin Take haha sorry for bad pics

5536_223497795113_668610113_7574654_3902301_n.jpg

5536_223497875113_668610113_7574667_767747_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Hmm, maybe panning is a little difficult on the eyes given the cones and red/white/red/white barrier pattern. :think:

better to shoot at walk around area. mine from last yr:

dsc4444.jpg

dsc4634.jpg

dsc4869.jpg

Thanks. I think I prefer the middle one the most, less distractions from the cones and alternating red/white barriers. Nicely captured though :thumbsup:

Charles,
Have you got the ticket? for walkabout or grandstand?

So which lens you're using? the sigma 200mm? new toy!

I should be able to join you. let me know more details.

cheers,
David

better to shoot at walk around area. mine from last yr:

dsc4444.jpg

bro, noob here.

how u manage to get the car sharp but background blur?

panning was mentioned in this thread somewhere. does it mean u move ur lens to follow the car when shooting and hence cause motion blur to the background?

Use continuous autofocus mode to track the vehicle while panning (move horizontally) your camera Rhenish take a shot. Practice with cars on regular roads.

Z

Bro David

Hmm Might not be going as it clash with car photoshoot which it will feature in 'HotStuff Mag'

If you are going i can T-Loan u the 55-250mm if u need although tat lens is nothing compare to other better lens haha, just let me know and will MU once of this dayzz

Will @@ how

Last edited: