Formula Drift in April 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

li0nheart07

Aug 27, 2006
Town
li0nheart07.multiply.com
SINGAPORE : Singapore will host its first-ever Formula Drift race in April.

However, the excitement is already building up for the sport which involves cars moving sideways.

More Singaporeans are taking to drifting as motor sports gets more mainstream here.

Ivan Lim, Drift Driver, said, "(It's about) losing control of the vehicle (while) still (being) in control, which is different from track racing, because track racing is grip driving, so you are actually just gripping the road."

The organisers said that even a beginner can learn how a drift.

The drifting clinic at the new Changi Exhibition Centre is just a sampling of the real stuff to hit Singapore in April.

Marcus Lim, Organiser, Formula Drift Singapore, said, "We have 40 drivers coming down and racing and we have about three of them from the USA. Basically what is happening is we are bringing the management crew and the judges and the track marshals from Formula Drift USA. And they are coming to Singapore to manage and run the race."

Five Singaporeans, including the three conducting the clinic, will take part in the April event - which will also see drivers from the region competing.

About 10,000 people are expected to witness the adrenalin pumping action, which is very popular in the United States. - CNA/ms

Quoted from ChannelNewsAsia.com

PS: looks like it'll exciting, but kinda far as it seems that the venue is same location at the Singapore Air Show :eek:

Suggest you read the information placed on Sistic's website.

And I quote:

"ADMISSION RULES
Free admission for infant in arms and children 4 years old and below. Children 5 years old and above must purchase ticket for admission.

*Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event!"

... :flush:

Sure very interesting 1.Mmm but am wondering are there race-queens for this
sort of event??:confused:

definately will have but wonder if the overseas team will bring in their models too

anyway guys i am able to get presale tics at $10 each. Pls email me by today. lingaowei@gmail.com i will be getting them tomorrow

hi all... upz for this coming event.. as i have said i have only 9 presale tickets left. pls contact me asap

Time for pics

Sure very interesting 1.Mmm but am wondering are there race-queens for this
sort of event??:confused:

Hi all,
There will be an event held at Changi Exhibition Centre on the 27th Apr. Canon will be bringing down various lens including the two new EF 200 f/2 IS and the EF 800 F/5.6 IS to the event. Canon will also be bringing down their printers for sample print. To top it all off, there will be also models at the event.

Event: Formula Drift
Time: 9am-5pm

Any one interested to go for an outing???

Suggestion anyone?

Hi all,
There will be an event held at Changi Exhibition Centre on the 27th Apr. Canon will be bringing down various lens including the two new EF 200 f/2 IS and the EF 800 F/5.6 IS to the event. Canon will also be bringing down their printers for sample print. To top it all off, there will be also models at the event.

Event: Formula Drift
Time: 9am-5pm

Any one interested to go for an outing???

Suggestion anyone?

Model Model Model............

so how anyone want the tickets? pls sms me at 91832795. pls sms me asap. thnks. abt 7 more tickets left. just contact me first.. i will tell u when to pass u the tics

so how anyone want the tickets? pls sms me at 91832795. i will have a meetup tomorrow at 8pm at dover mrt. pls sms me asap. thnks. abt 7 more tickets left

just got a sms from lingaowei that he's too busy to meet up to do the trade.(on the date ,time,place as stated above.)
in fact,he has been postponing since i contacted him from the 12th.

anyone who wants to deal with him,do it @ ur own risk.

anyway guys just to let u all know i am not earning a single cent from the sale of my tics. just providing a service

wa syc77... i dun think u need to do that. I do have genuine reasons to postpone the deal. If you do not trust me its ok. But anyway even if i do not meetup with u guys at expo u will still be able to get the tics at the door only it is $15. Anyway its ok.

So for pple who decided to get the tics from me u will save $6. Just drop me an sms. The final CONFIRMED meeting place is at expo mrt on the actual day. As for the timing i will tell u by sms.

i know it is at $11. But at the door is $15

fyi, sistic got discount for NSF... just show ur 11b n purchase it at $9

The place will be open at 9am but i think the actual drifting will only start in the afternoon. Anyone can confirm what time will the actual drift start? Don't want to get burnt with the harmful UV.

Status
Not open for further replies.