FORMULA 1TM Gran Premio Telefónica de España 2006. (14 May.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualifying results from the Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya (Barcelona):

1. Fernando Alonso (Esp) Renault 1:14.648
2. Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Renault 1:14.709
3. Michael Schumacher (Ger) Ferrari 1:14.970
4. Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari 1:15.442
5. Rubens Barrichello (Brz) Honda 1:15.885
6. Ralf Schumacher (Ger) Toyota 1:15.885
7. Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota 1:15.976
8. Jenson Button (GB) Honda 1:16.008
9. Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) McLaren 1:16.015
10. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber 1:17.144
11. Mark Webber (Aus) Williams - Cosworth 1:15.502
12. Juan Pablo Montoya (Col) McLaren 1:15.801
13. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams-Cosworth 1:15.804
*14. Jacques Villeneuve (Can) BMW Sauber 1:15.847
15. Christian Klien (Aut) RedBull - Ferrari 1:15.928
16. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Ita) Toro Rosso - Cosworth 1:16.661
17. Scott Speed (US) Toro Rosso - Cosworth 1:17.361
18. Tiago Monteiro (Por) Midland-Toyota 1:17.702
19. Christijan Albers (Ned) Midland-Toyota 1:18.024
20. Takuma Sato (Jpn) Super Aguri-Honda 1:18.920
21. Franck Montagny (Fra) Super Aguri-Honda 1:20.763
22. David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull-Ferrari

*Villeneuve will start 22nd in Sunday's race after incurring a 10-place penalty for an engine change.

Wah Klose, you faster than me. :bsmilie: I was about to post the results. Renault 1-2! They damn power again. Ferrari 3-4 on the 2nd row. Game on i hope. McLaren seem to favour the heavy fuel load/less pit stop strategy. :think:

afbug said:
Wah Klose, you faster than me. :bsmilie: I was about to post the results. Renault 1-2! They damn power again. Ferrari 3-4 on the 2nd row. Game on i hope. McLaren seem to favour the heavy fuel load/less pit stop strategy. :think:

Watchin FA Cup now. Hope the hammers win :bsmilie: dont want the looneyfools to win :bsmilie:

Feel that Ferrari might be heavy this time round going for a later stop compared to renault. The silver arrows dont know what's up with them but they are on new engines so they shld be able to push ;)

2-2 now but i got no problems if Liverpool win playing well. But West Ham deserve something. They got heart. :heart: Its Hammer time! You can't touch this! :bsmilie: Anyway, OT liao.

I pity Williams and their Cosworth engines. They're a very talented and innovative team but let down by their engine reliability this season. Toyota looked strong too but i think its Renault's race unless Ferrari can pull a rabbit out of the hat again or McLaren come charging late into the race. Both Renault and Ferrari are fast, so i think its down to the race strategy.

afbug said:
I pity Williams and their Cosworth engines. They're a very talented and innovative team but let down by their engine reliability this season. Toyota looked strong too but i think its Renault's race unless Ferrari can pull a rabbit out of the hat again or McLaren come charging late into the race. Both Renault and Ferrari are fast, so i think its down to the race strategy.

The Cosworth engines + the FW28 package are quite good as a whole performance wise (comparing them with the rest of the field minus the front runners). Team BMW is a disappointment considering that it evolved from Sauber which is a pretty decent setup. Toyota is..... :sweat:

BTW... its....

3 - 2 to the Hammers
:lovegrin:

Silver arrows are not on new engines for this race. So far, seems like they're favoring heavier fuel load to optimise their race. Seems that they're doing this as they're down on engine power and hence, cant go aggressive on their strategy. So far this season, they seems to be light on their tire wear, traditionally one of the more "gentle" car on tire wear. So best for them to go longer distance to get the most out of their tires. unfortunately, their engines have been their bane for the last few seasons :(

Shadus said:
Silver arrows are not on new engines for this race. So far, seems like they're favoring heavier fuel load to optimise their race. Seems that they're doing this as they're down on engine power and hence, cant go aggressive on their strategy. So far this season, they seems to be light on their tire wear, traditionally one of the more "gentle" car on tire wear. So best for them to go longer distance to get the most out of their tires. unfortunately, their engines have been their bane for the last few seasons :(

JPM was on a new engine.

Spanish Grand Prix result:

1. Fernando Alonso (Spa) Renault 1hr 26mins 21.759secs
2. Michael Schumacher (Ger) Ferrari 1:26:40.261
3. Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Renault 1:26:45.710
4. Felipe Massa (Bra) Ferrari 1:26:51.618
5. Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) McLaren-Mercedes 1:27:18.634
6. Jenson Button (GB) Honda 1:27:20.106
7. Rubens Barrichello (Brz) Honda at 1 lap
8. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber at 1 lap
9. Mark Webber (Aus) Williams-Cosworth at 1 lap
10. Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota at 1 lap
11. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams-Cosworth at 1 lap
12. Jacques Villeneuve (Can) BMW Sauber at 1 lap
13. Christian Klien (Aut) Red Bull-Ferrari at 1 lap
14. David Coulthard (Gbr) Red Bull-Ferrari at 1 lap
15. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Ita) Toro Rosso-Cosworth at 3 laps
16. Tiago Monteiro (Por) Midland-Toyota at 3 laps
17. Takuma Sato (Jpn) Super Aguri-Honda at 4 laps

R Christijan Albers (Ned) Midland-Toyota 48 laps completed
R Scott Speed USA Toro Rosso-Cosworth 47 laps completed
R Ralf Schumacher (Ger) Toyota 31 laps completed
R Juan Montoya (Col) McLaren-Mercedes 17 laps completed
R Franck Montagny (Fra) Super Aguri-Honda 10 laps completed

yar, JPM is *always* on a new engine. He'll still be on new engine in Monaco. And if the bookmakers are willing to take the bet on him being on new engine again after that, i'll gladly take the bet.

sad, coz yrs back, i tot JPM will be the challenger to Schumi. dunno wht happen to him at Mclaren.

Status
Not open for further replies.