Formula 1 Malaysia GP Sepang 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

di0nysus

Jul 15, 2003
m
Visit site
Anyone keen? Take adv of long weekend! 21st to 23rd March 2008!

I"m considering either K1 Gold or F, looking of more khakis, maybe carpool (my car only 1L nia..), or package etc.

what is K1? Btw, how to go there and is it a possibility to shoot with DSLR (different fr SG regulations?).

Appreciate the advice.

what is K1? Btw, how to go there and is it a possibility to shoot with DSLR (different fr SG regulations?).

Appreciate the advice.

K1, see this link for circuit map of Sepang

Regulations? Must buy ticket to enter ... :D
can bring flags, monopod, any camera, big lens (no restriction), no silly dress codes. true F1 spirit.

View from K1 grandstand

35mm view
_MG_8116.jpg

With a 400mm lens you can see the Main Grandstands
_MG_8090.jpg

This is the action you will get at Turn 1 from K1 with 400mm.
For F1 cars, 200mm lens on a 1.5,1.6x crop camera is enough.
_MG_7947.jpg

The most number of accidents and most dramatic accidents happen at Turn 1,2,3, all in front of K1.

welcome to Malaysia. ;)

i'm interested. i'm also planning to there on the raceday itself (sunday). any i'm also keen on K grandstand. any idea how much is a seat to the K grand stnd?

I am quite interested... How to go KL? By car from SG? Cost shared? Stay overnight? ... Need more info :)

Have fun guys. I will give it a miss this year.

K1 Platinum, followed by K1 Gold (I saw from this stand in 2007) offer the best views.

The view from F stand is not good. I was there in 2006.

booked 2-day tkts of K-gold stand.
Need to arrange for stay now :embrass:

can purchase the ticket on the ticket booth before going in or have to get in advance online?

K1 is the best location for photographer to do shooting. The racing cars will slow down at turn 1 and 2, this give good opportunity to do panning shoot.

Last year during the starting of the race, McLaren Alonso overtake pole position Massa at turn i was able to capture the entire sequence of the overtaking.

76873886.jpg

76874004.jpg

76873835.jpg

78298306.jpg

78299599.jpg

Richard

keep me updated. am interested as well..

Call 96655082 to talk to Singapore agent for Malaysian F1 tickets...:thumbsup:

I have bought my ticket, i took the same seating as last year, K1 Platinum, Column C Row H.
I plan to bring my EF 600 F4 IS. :)
See u all there.

Richard

plans..

A) everyone go for package, www.wheelsforfun.com.sg organises...from hotel, transport, to-fro circuit, then back to SG
B) Drive up, I've a car (can take prob 3 more pax max, wldn't mind if offered to share petrol/parking etc), then OTOT, >1 car preferred for convoy/safety.

Itinerary (assuming driving)
21st March 2008 (good friday), drive up early morning to Sepang to catch free practise, night time either spend in Genting/KL (I prefer genting..hee)
22nd March 2008 (sat), drive to circuit for first practise + qualifying. Can reach KL for rest of day for shopping/street shooting, night in KL (or genting depends onfirst night)
23rd March 2008 (RACE DAY!) Morning more R&R, check out by 11am, off to circuit, race start ~3pm, by 5pm should finish, drive back to SG (enroute dinner).
Total budget per pax (assuming K1 Gold): $400 (ticket), $120 (2 nights hotel per pax), $100++ (food + shopping+petrol/parking)

Concerns:
1)I"m getting a new car,(not sure if shld drive North so soon)
2) Never driven to KL/Genting/Sepang before!

plans..

A) everyone go for package, www.wheelsforfun.com.sg organises...from hotel, transport, to-fro circuit, then back to SG
B) Drive up, I've a car (can take prob 3 more pax max, wldn't mind if offered to share petrol/parking etc), then OTOT, >1 car preferred for convoy/safety.

Itinerary (assuming driving)
21st March 2008 (good friday), drive up early morning to Sepang to catch free practise, night time either spend in Genting/KL (I prefer genting..hee)
22nd March 2008 (sat), drive to circuit for first practise + qualifying. Can reach KL for rest of day for shopping/street shooting, night in KL (or genting depends onfirst night)
23rd March 2008 (RACE DAY!) Morning more R&R, check out by 11am, off to circuit, race start ~3pm, by 5pm should finish, drive back to SG (enroute dinner).
Total budget per pax (assuming K1 Gold): $400 (ticket), $120 (2 nights hotel per pax), $100++ (food + shopping+petrol/parking)

Concerns:
1)I"m getting a new car,(not sure if shld drive North so soon)
2) Never driven to KL/Genting/Sepang before!

Get a GPS with map of Malaysia, all your driving problems solved.
Road signages may not be that good and clear, may get lost esp. if you had never driven to KL/Genting/Sepang.

Personally I think including Genting on this trip is not a good idea.

If you don't fancy driving too much on Malaysian roads, get a hotel near the KLIA (airport) (expensive) or budget hotels in Sepang or Salak Tinggi. All less than 5km from Sepang circuit. A little further away, they are some good hotels in Petaling Jaya, Subang and Shah Alam. Have GPS will travel.

I must say, some of the F1 photographs posted here taken from K1 from the past years looked very inviting. I've not got any K1 pics of F1 races, I took them from tower position previously.

Turn 15 tower panning shot.
_MG_3754.jpg

I thought it's going to a great race in KL this year, because it's the start of the season, and drivers will be all out to take the lead. They would have gotten used to the new cars and fine tuned and made the necessary adjustments, and so you can expect some really great driving here, esp some aggressive driving at the start. :thumbsup:

:cool:

Anyone has experience photographing from Covered Hillstand C2 or other hillstand?
A little budget tight...

Status
Not open for further replies.