FORMULA 1™ Magyar Nagydij 2006. (6 Aug.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Robert Kubica has been disqualified from the results of the Hungarian Grand Prix after his BMW Sauber was found to be underweight following the race. Kubica had finished seventh on his Formula One debut.

Stewards praised the "assistance and cooperation" they received from the BMW Sauber team, who proved that Kubica’s car was inadvertently 2 kilograms below the minimum requirement because of "excessive and unexpected tyre wear (and therefore weight loss) through continued use of wet-weather tyres in comparison to the accustomed and anticipated rate of wear of dry tyres."

The stewards nevertheless had no choice but to exclude the car as it did not comply with Article 4.1 of the Technical Regulations. BMW Sauber did not contest the decision. It means Felipe Massa moves up to seventh place, with Michael Schumacher now classified eighth, despite not finishing the race.

The point Schumacher scores means he is now just ten behind Fernando Alonso in the drivers’ championship standings, while Ferrari are only seven behind Renault in the race for the constructors’ crown."

And Michelin Owns Bridgestone at Hungaroring under wet condititions. You could see clearly what is happening between those cars with Michelin and those with Bridgestone from the beginning of the race with a wet track to the end of the race with a dry track. Massa easily clocked the fastest lap in the end once he changed to bridgestone slicks.

I do feel sad for Kimi though... from what I saw, Luizzi was just too slow for kimi at the corner exit.

triotary said:
I do feel sad for Kimi though... from what I saw, Luizzi was just too slow for kimi at the corner exit.

ya, it cd hv been his race last night, but he is oso 2 blame for keeping too close 2 Luizzi at the corner....:cry:

but cheers 2 pedro for coming in 2nd.:thumbsup: at least something for mcLaren

like e new Jonny Walker advert featuring Kimi on an aircraft carrier.....:thumbsup:

Canew said:
OK. It is a 3 week break till the next GP, the Turkish GP.

Ya lor. Sian. :(

It actually took BAR/Honda 7 years to win a race. I think Toyota's time will come in a few years time. Poor Button, his 1st win and he is like so long in F1 liao. :bsmilie: Honda is really on the ball now. Kee form at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.