FORMULA 1™ Grande Prêmio do Brasil 2006. (22 Oct.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrgghh. Too busy to watch the last race:cry:

Anyway, Thanks to Schumi for those great races and showing us what a true champion should be like.

One last cheer for the greatest F1 champion:
:cheergal: SCHUMI! F1 GREATEST CHAMPION!:cheergal:

Next season we'll see Ferrari at the top again:lovegrin:

It was a great race and fitting finale for the 2006 season. MS fought all the way. Ferrari is a v fast car. Despite all his problems with oil pressure and tyres, he came from P10 and from last to be 4th. That's a v impressive acheivement. Yes MS is one of the best drivers this decade. Though I would say he is not sporting.
I'm a maclaren fan and was disappointed by the poor reliability of the car. Next season it will be interesting to see how much improvements Maclaren can make to the car. The "whiner" will be driving for Maclaren.
Raikkonen will be driving for Ferrari, replacing MS. It will be v interesting to see how he comes up against Alonso in a hopefully better Maclaren.
Looking forward to next season.
Wonder what MS will do now? Team manager for Ferrari?

Oh, I must add that Ferrari has 2 very promising driver taking over the throne of Schumi. Kimi as we all know is an outstanding driver in the wrong car, and Massa is showing that he has the making of a champion. This should be the last constructor title for Renault. And unless Maclaren can improve their reliablilty, Alonso will find it difficult to win his 3rd title.

Schumie drove a great race, i ll admit that, I only support the whiner because he can beat schumie (iam actually a Raikkonen and mclaren fan, but the engines wernt gd enough this season to keep Schumie at bay).

hahaha... you are just like my bro. come next year, will you be supporting Kimi and Ferrari or stick to the whiner and McLaren?

Don't forget that it is also a test of how much of Ferrari's success Schumacher will take away with him with his departure. Its been announced that Ross Brawn will also not be present with the team in 2007.

It may not be reasonable to assume that great drivers will do well in all types of cars, like how Jacques Villeneuve struggled after his world championship in 1997. Remember, this guy was an IndyCar champion as well.

And witness how Benetton (incidentally, today's Renault) suffered with the departure of Schumacher after his two world championships, incidentally also bringing Ross Brawn with him to Ferrari.

I wouldn't put money on any one of the top teams to be dominating next year, but it will be very interesting to watch nonetheless.

Brilliant drive again by Schumey, and Massa was simply unstoppable. Too bad they (Ferrari) didn't win any title this year.

Maybe its just me, but I feel cheated that I won't be able to see what I saw last Sunday (Monday). Very unlikely, but I do hope Schumey decides to race in DTM, to continue the battles with Alesi, Frentzen & especially Hakkinen. :)

Wah! Major changes at Ferrari.

- Michael Schumacher retired. (replaced by K. Raikkonen)
- Technical director Ross Brawn is leaving.
- Engine director Paulo Martinelli is also leaving.
- Jean Todt becomes Ferrari CEO.

Wonder how it would impact the team next year.

Wah! Major changes at Ferrari.

- Michael Schumacher retired. (replaced by K. Raikkonen)
- Technical director Ross Brawn is leaving.
- Engine director Paulo Martinelli is also leaving.
- Jean Todt becomes Ferrari CEO.

Wonder how it would impact the team next year.

Stefano Domenicali also moves up to sporting director as Jean Todt becomes CEO, while engine director Paolo Martinelli, who is moving to parent company FIAT, has been replaced by Gilles Simon.

Ross Brawn will be taking a sabbatical, Mario Almondo will take over his role. But with Todt also continuing in his role as the team's MD as an interim solution, Brawn could potentially rejoin the team as principal allowing the Todt to concentrate solely on being CEO.

Major changes in the scarlet camp :)

Some more news about M. Schumacher's new role:
(from: http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/061029143409.shtml)

"Schumacher gets new role at Ferrari

ROME:
Retired world champion driver Michael Schumacher is to stay with Ferrari as assistant to new chief executive officer Jean Todt, the Italian outfit announced at Monza yesterday.
The 37-year-old Schumacher retired as a driver after piloting his Ferrari to fourth place in the Brazilian Grand Prix last Sunday.
The German won a record seven world titles and was with Ferrari as driver from 1996 until he retired.
Todt earlier this week was named Ferrari's new chief executive officer, moving up from the position of general manager, which went to Amedeo Felisa.
“We are eager to utilise Michael's knowledge and expertise for our technical and strategic needs,” Todt told a news conference.
Schumacher said that he would leave it until December before fully getting to grips with his new responsibilities.
"For the moment I just want to get away from things and turn my attentions to my new life. After that I will see what I can do for Ferrari," he added. – AFP"

Status
Not open for further replies.