The leg after the Monaco GP where Ferrari got a 'mauling' is here. Time for a Ferrari revival? Or would L. Hamilton be gunning for his first victory? I personally think that Hamilton will not be scoring his first victory in Canada.
Hamilton has no chance of winning unless given a fair treatment by the whole team itself. I do believe that team orders doesn't involve the drivers but the crew members as well. My hearts is all out for Ferrari but the way Hamilton is driving, I want to see a rookie World champion. Swallow your ego Alonso, you're indeed the youngest 2 time world champion but Hamilton will be the youngest Rookie World Champion.
This circuit is a little more extreme than others. High speed with slow corners. It is tough on the engines to sustain the high speed and brakes to slow the car down to take the corners. I think this circuit will see more retirements. I rmeember 1 year where only 11-12 cars finish the race.
Ferrari is really lacking pace. Almost a sec slower than the 1st McLaren. They really have to buck up, if not, will even kenna lapped!
Qualifying times at the Canadian Grand Prix:
1. Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren one minute, 15.707
2. Fernando Alonso (Sp) McLaren 1:16.163
3. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber 1:16.266
4. Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari 1:16.411
5. Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari 1:16.570
6. Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull-Renault 1:16.913
7. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams-Toyota 1:16.919
8. Robert Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber 1:16.993
9. Giancarlo Fisichella (It) Renault 1:17.229
10. Jarno Trulli (It) Toyota 1:17.747
11. Takuma Sato (Jpn) Super Aguri-Honda 1:16.743
12. Vitantonio Liuzzi (It) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:16.760
13. Rubens Barrichello (Brz) Honda 1:17.116
14. David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull-Renault 1:17.304
15. Jenson Button (GB) Honda 1:17.541
16. Scott Speed (US) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:17.571
17. Anthony Davidson (GB) Super Aguri-Honda 1:17.542
18. Ralf Schumacher (Ger) Toyota 1:17.634
19. Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) Renault 1:17.806
20. Alexander Wurz (Aut) Williams-Toyota 1:18.089
21. Adrian Sutil (Ger) Spyker-Ferrari 1:18.536
22. Christijan Albers (Ned) Spyker-Ferrari 1:19.196
Both Ferraris behind a BMW Sauber! :bigeyes: WTF?!?!?!