Formating XD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipha

Oct 17, 2006
Recently discovered that my Olympus XD had been corrupted. Wondering where can I send it for re-formatting and how much it will cost me? Will I be able to retrive all the pic as I have yet to store them properly. Thanks and Regards

Anyone can advise on that or I need to get a new card?

think you can just do a reformat in your camera. if fail, try using a computer to reformat.

when i delete any files on my XD card on the card reader, the card will not work again in the camera until I reformatted it in the camera. The camera will show "card not intialised"

Do you experience the same thing?

when i delete any files on my XD card on the card reader, the card will not work again in the camera until I reformatted it in the camera. The camera will show "card not intialised"

i have heard pretty much about this problem in this forum(i don encounter such problem on my olympus PnS tho), some of the solution given is don delete any picture or reformat using a card reader, instead you should try to read thru the camera(using supplied cable).

never tried before, so i can guarantee anything

Do not do any editing/deleting/renaming etc directly to your xD Cards while connecting to computers thru USB/IEEE1394/Memory Card.
If you want to delete, use your camera delete/format functions.

Formatting using the cam is the safest way although I've never encounter any problem deleting or formatting using my pc.

You using Fuji F30?

My camera cannot format the XD as showing card error. As for the computer part, guess will have to try it when back in Sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.