format for storing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyWithMe

Mar 18, 2009
Singapore
seeking advice..Which format should i use to store my photo??i shoot in jpeg..After edit,which format should i save so that it can be edited and re-saved without losing image quality.heard of tiff,png n psd..quite confuse between this three..erm.. i wish to put my photos on web n for print out purpose.. :)

for future editing of the same image, save the image file in PSD or TIFF format. which is lossless format. you can send file in TIFF format for photo printing.

Once you don't need anymore editing, you can save the file into full resolution JPG format. this is the most welcomed format for photo printing.

IF you need to put on web, you need to save it in a downsize JPG version (low resolution or web friendly), do note this is not meant for printing.

hope this help.

oh thanx alot by the way what,s the diff between tiff n psd format?can psd format send for printing as well?And how about the files size?

oh thanx alot by the way what,s the diff between tiff n psd format?can psd format send for printing as well?And how about the files size?

Why don't you google for answers and see what it can bring up for you then ask here again after you get a little more basic info. Otherwise, you might get flamed till you look like a christmas turkey. Just my 2 cents.

Tagged_Image_File_Format

PhotoShop
The .PSD (Photoshop Document) format stores an image with support for most imaging options available in Photoshop. These include layers with masks, color spaces, ICC profiles, transparency, text, alpha channels and spot colors, clipping paths, and duotone settings. This is in contrast to many other file formats (e.g. .EPS or .GIF) that restrict content to provide streamlined, predictable functionality. Photoshop's popularity means that the .PSD format is widely used, and it is supported to some extent by most competing software.
File size? very much larger the full resolution jpg file.

Why don't you google for answers and see what it can bring up for you then ask here again after you get a little more basic info. Otherwise, you might get flamed till you look like a christmas turkey. Just my 2 cents.
I'm in good mood today... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.