Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle

Sep 10, 2003
#1,#3 and #10 just, "got" me, u know? They're so striking it's scary. Sweet stuff. :thumbsup:

knoxknocks

Staff member
Sep 19, 2004
lalaland
www.tinydotphotography.com
Waffle said:
#1,#3 and #10 just, "got" me, u know? They're so striking it's scary. Sweet stuff. :thumbsup:
Thanks! quite a sad place. esp for some older folks still left in the estate.

if you're looking for such photo ops, the place is Hillview - bunch of old flats being re-possed by the gahmen.

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
some personal feelings: #4 and #6 stands out in terms of content, going by the title. the rest can be pictured in most old HDB estates, abandoned or not. #4 is good because of the framing of the protruding weeds, #6 is slightly weaker, but the mess do look intimidating in the context of HDB flats.

knoxknocks

Staff member
Sep 19, 2004
lalaland
eikin said:
some personal feelings: #4 and #6 stands out in terms of content, going by the title. the rest can be pictured in most old HDB estates, abandoned or not. #4 is good because of the framing of the protruding weeds, #6 is slightly weaker, but the mess do look intimidating in the context of HDB flats.
Noted. quite true. I actually started out with the "desolate" theme, but realised I got lost halfway - maybe too excited. Will work on composition.

Thanks for the tip!

SnapSnap

Sep 1, 2004
Singapore
I get a sense of loneliness and feel lost after viewing these photo... :thumbsup: Powerful stuff... now I have to go look for some lively photos to cheer me up... :)

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
knoxknocks said:
Noted. quite true. I actually started out with the "desolate" theme, but realised I got lost halfway - maybe too excited. Will work on composition.

Thanks for the tip!
hey no problem, learning from one another ;)

knoxknocks

Staff member
Sep 19, 2004
lalaland
SniperD said:
very good series :) try to add a little edge burning to create the "mood"
personally I like #3.. would be good to have a slipper or shoe near the edge of the pic...
think maybe i should have changed colour balance a bit to get the "old" look?

slipper...hmmm...that's a good thought. Actually I took a shot of an old sandal on the grass patch, but no contrast:

din think of transplanting the shoe to the table...next time ;)

Thanks!

knoxknocks

Staff member
Sep 19, 2004
lalaland
SnapSnap said:
I get a sense of loneliness and feel lost after viewing these photo... :thumbsup: Powerful stuff... now I have to go look for some lively photos to cheer me up... :)
thanks...how about this to change the mood...OT a bit

Saw some photogs using an antique camera at Sungei Buloh...amazing stuff :bigeyes:

Anyone know what camera this is? way beyond my league man.

knoxknocks

Staff member
Sep 19, 2004
lalaland
Hi guys,

OT again!

Just wanted to check if you are seeing the photos as sepia or black/white?

I received some prints and they turned out sepia-like. I've calibrated my monitor to match the printed Fuji Calibration Images (now my monitor a bit reddish) and the images in PS looks similar to the prints i.e. sepia-looking, but colour is not what I want leh...wanted it black and white :(

Apr 29, 2003
apparently that was what i thought at first as well..

the pics look abit reddish.. maybe u can play around with the colour balance in Adobe PS. like reduce the red for shadow, midtone and highlights..

hmm hey, can i ask what were ur cam settings? i'm fed up with grainy pictures.

anyway nice series! very desolate feeling.

sam

knoxknocks

Staff member
Sep 19, 2004
lalaland
GreenEggs_n_Ham said:
apparently that was what i thought at first as well..

the pics look abit reddish.. maybe u can play around with the colour balance in Adobe PS. like reduce the red for shadow, midtone and highlights..

hmm hey, can i ask what were ur cam settings? i'm fed up with grainy pictures.

anyway nice series! very desolate feeling.

sam
Thanks! I was using mostly apertures between f2.8 and f8. ISO 200. Aperture priority. faster apertures cos I suffer from camera shake :(

Not sure if you're interested, you can actually download an EXIF viewer plugin for Internet Explorer at http://ak.no-ip.com/EXIF/. I leave my EXIF data intact, so you can right click and look at the settings. Applies for other photogs who don't remove the EXIF data as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom