Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon.edward

Aug 19, 2005
forgotten.1.jpg

Taken in an abadoned building. I felt that after serving years and years it was so sad to see the table just left and forgotten.
I kinda like the way the table sort of blends into the wall, though the glaring light from the window is a bit much..

nice take ~
maybe a little darker and more contrasty would add to the forgotten feeling, juz my thots

i reckon you guys may be right, i took 3 images of at different stops but for some reason this washed out version is the one i chose lol.
Location-Old Changi Hospital
cool place to shoot
thanks for your comments :)

I really dun understand why the old changi hospital is so "lok".....was this the state on the last day they move out?? Cannot be right?? Someone vandalised the place?:dunno:

I really dun understand why the old changi hospital is so "lok".....was this the state on the last day they move out?? Cannot be right?? Someone vandalised the place?
after all the patients, dotctors, nurses and admin staffs move out, definately there were other THING~~~ move in mah, that's why so "lok" loh :bsmilie:

Wonder if anyone been there and found the operating theatre...:eek:

I am sure vandalism plays a part for the state of the building, on the day i went down there were teenagers running around slamming doors and stuff and there were visable signs of vandalism.
I reckon the environment played a part too, lots of humidity on the walls and stuff , i remember visiting people in the hospital before they shut it down and even in those days it was a dreary place with dark corridors and such. I was suprised by some of the things like light fixtures and sinks which were in remarkably good shape.

I did walk past a room labled "operating room" and in fact several of the rooms have signs that say waht they were used for. I did not however locate the mortuary, not sure if i really wanted to though. I did come across a few interesting things like the old generator room, with and old generator in it, or the rooms which were obviously wards even the old kitchen and pharmacy of which a picture is included below. I refer to the hospital as a building but in actual fact it is more of a complex of several buildings of varying ages, connected by corridors and walkways.
Other interesting areas are the water tanks and roof tops. All in all and interesting old building which still has some of its original fixtures unlike alot of abandoned buildings which were gutted before being left to stand alone.
pharmacy.jpg

Corridor.jpg

er dont critique these two pics k...it would only hurt my feelings LOL!!:bsmilie:

Great last 2 photos you have there. Really giving out the forgotton feeling. In fact some other websites actually have photos of the mortuary but like said, you and I would rather keep certain places forgotten right? Got to catch up with you some day to go there to take more photos, always wanted to step in but honestly changed my mind always at last minute. Anyone else interested in an outing?

photoconceptz said:
Great last 2 photos you have there. Really giving out the forgotton feeling. In fact some other websites actually have photos of the mortuary but like said, you and I would rather keep certain places forgotten right? Got to catch up with you some day to go there to take more photos, always wanted to step in but honestly changed my mind always at last minute. Anyone else interested in an outing?

Actually like you i too have often turned back at the last min, i (yes alone)once went in as far as the first building but chickened out, because no one knew i was even there and if i fell and died no one would know lol. This time i went in with a couple of friends, i think 3 or 4 is a good size for these type of things as too big a group is hard to manage. AS you know any abandoned building can be potentially hazardous, falling roof shingles, spalding concrete, beams and other dangers i once stepped on a nail there went right through my foot and it was totally
my fault. Safety to me is paramount in making these little trips exciting. Another old building that is nice is on Ironside Road on sentosa, worth taking a visit.
We should organize a little clubsnap urban exploration group! would be fun!:lovegrin:

oh yes thanks for the kind words!

I like your B&W version, especially "Corridor". Got a very strong desserted feel. :thumbsup:

:)

Ah yes... Sentosa has always been another place to look out for... Very true that no one should visit such places alone, nobody will really know what happened to you in an emergency. Ok, anybody on for a Sentosa outing? Let's keep it to 3-4 pax. What say you?;)

forgotten2.jpg

ok i went back and did some ps work o nthe photograph..is it better?

photoconceptz said:
Ah yes... Sentosa has always been another place to look out for... Very true that no one should visit such places alone, nobody will really know what happened to you in an emergency. Ok, anybody on for a Sentosa outing? Let's keep it to 3-4 pax. What say you?;)
yah we should plan something lol

Heard from a friend just back from Sentosa that the old buildings around Ironside road have been renovated and used to house some academy now. :(

your right almost all, but there is still one left........

Status
Not open for further replies.