forgettable canon ads..

Status
Not open for further replies.

laugh

Jun 2, 2003
Visit site
Any comments about the recent canon camera adverts? Quite distasteful in my opinion...and did exactly opposite of what advertisements are supposed to do.

eh? got one with the ferrari and a woman one? surely you cannot miss...

all the recent canon ads on the tv are very badly done, i din;t like any of them, the double ok shots, golf one, very low standards :thumbsd:

Belle&Sebastain said:
all the recent canon ads on the tv are very badly done, i din;t like any of them, the double ok shots, golf one, very low standards :thumbsd:

Agree agree. The ads look very homemade. Esp the golf and the double-Ok ones. I think Nikon ads are more memorable as they like to use animals/insects (horse for D70, butterfly for coolpix) though both Canon and Nikon don't score very high on creativity for their ads. Like the Sony one (camera for everyone).

any ads that attack the attraction is a good ads.

laugh said:
Any comments about the recent canon camera adverts? Quite distasteful in my opinion...and did exactly opposite of what advertisements are supposed to do.

Jason H0 said:

hmmmm...you seriously think so?

Well you people are talking about it already aren't you? To a certain extend, that's successful be it good or bad. It made people remember. That's what ads are suppose to do.

Jason H0 said:
Yes, this is an overly used maxim of advertising, but if I remember my marketing classes, you also have to take into consideration your target audience. Since these cheapo looking ads are hawking consumer level products, mission accomplished, I guess. But if we like to consider more "sophisticated" consumers (as I am sure all my fellow distinguished ClubSnappers would like to consider ourselves... ;p ) this ad does not work - you remeber it for the wrong reasons. Makes me glad I use Nikon..... :eek: Kidding only, please don't flame.

nikon ads are better den canon ads now adays........ nikon ads got the link between cameras and ads. but canon... i dont see any links.

Kit said:
Well you people are talking about it already aren't you? To a certain extend, that's successful be it good or bad. It made people remember. That's what ads are suppose to do.

its as good as saying famous and infamous is the same thing..

Maybe canon ads are trying to tell us to capture the greatest moment and print in out. If you watch the ad about the lady playing the volleyball carefully, when is the "greatest" moment? When her bra came off right? :bsmilie:

The purpose of advertising is to remember the brand name. An extremely poor and good advertising usually make people remembers the brand. See, the poser now remembers Canon. How many people really remembers Nikon from advertising? i don't, can also ask people who do not know photography. That's what i call 'poor' advertising.

I dont quite agree that the Canon advertisements are low class.
It depends on the target consumers that they are trying to reach.
Not everyone (especially the end users) know what Nikon's horse advertisement is trying to get across. Canon is trying to promote their Powershot series where Nikon is promoting the DSLR cameras. I just cant compare both advert, do remember Canon advertisements are base on Local context (if i am not wrong). Canon is bring across the great performance, accuracy etc ....

As long as a commercial bring across the message clearly, it does not matter how expensive or cheap the commercial really cost.

shawn said:
would like to know how is it distasteful? in what aspects
:)

When you see an ad, you will know whether its a good or bad one. Its almost as if the advert was shot just becasue they had a budget to burn before the FY closes..
The double ok advert is still alright in my opinion, but what I cannot tahan are the golf and ferrari ads. They are better of as posters.

Or maybe im just not their target audience. :what:

laugh said:
its as good as saying famous and infamous is the same thing..

Yes, they have something in common. As mentioned before, people remember them and talk about them, good or bad. To some advertisers, the goal has been achieved.

:sweatsm: 'canon double O.K.!" :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.