Foreigner Working In SGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
Just wondering, if one is a foreigner holding the us passport and wants to be transferred to Singapore, how hard is it? Here's the catch, my friend is an ABC but was a PR here during schooling days. Didn't serve NS and gave up his PR. Now he just graduated from a US college and the MNC is posting him here. Afaik, the chances are close to zero. Am I right about this or am I wrong?

Just wondering, if one is a foreigner holding the us passport and wants to be transferred to Singapore, how hard is it? Here's the catch, my friend is an ABC but was a PR here during schooling days. Didn't serve NS and gave up his PR. Now he just graduated from a US college and the MNC is posting him here. Afaik, the chances are close to zero. Am I right about this or am I wrong?

he can always come on a business visa / employment pass.....?

Transferred to work here isn't as hard. As long as the EP goes through can already. They have no reason to reject his EP based on his history of giving up his PR.

Transferred to work here isn't as hard. As long as the EP goes through can already. They have no reason to reject his EP based on his history of giving up his PR.

What if he was eligible for NS. Considering that he went through all the checkups and was given an enlistment date also.

What if he was eligible for NS. Considering that he went through all the checkups and was given an enlistment date also.

So long as he doesn't go for a PR it should be ok. However, with the recent hooplah over NS-dodgers, they may reject him for the EP. Chances of that happening are small, however.

So long as he doesn't go for a PR it should be ok. However, with the recent hooplah over NS-dodgers, they may reject him for the EP. Chances of that happening are small, however.

Thanks. I will let him know :)

1st gen PR no need NS, so no penalty for him, since u say he ABC, but if his parents is Sgrean, then he is previously SGrean (not ABC) then he migrate to US just before going to NS, then he jia lat lor...

Status
Not open for further replies.