Foreign Workers Ban at Malaysia Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

coughybean

Mar 16, 2006
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi People!

I read this article and found it interesting. :think:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific_business/view/321548/1/.html

I guess its ok to post reported news right? Will I get caught or something? hahahaha :sweat:

Personal View:

After reading, I feel that there are some kind of discrimination despite what they raised in the article is logical enough. Maybe it should be rephrased .. haha .. cheers!

it is a good move to protect their own people, who voted them into power, i think something should follow too, but it is jst something....:bsmilie:

though I think this is a good start to protect your own people, I wounder if the same is done here, will we have enough people willing to do the same kind of work, at the same pay, as foreign workers? :dunno:

From a purely customer experience or security angle, it's the right move.

I would hate to think though, that the move had to be done largely to ensure the locals could "survive" in the face of competition. Nobody, unless you're medically handicapped, should be this helpless.

though I think this is a good start to protect your own people, I wounder if the same is done here, will we have enough people willing to do the same kind of work, at the same pay, as foreign workers? :dunno:

you've got a valid point.

At the end, it's the public that will bear the cost. They will be paying more, for the same service, because the worker cost is higher. And guess what comes next? complain, complain and complain due to various price hike.

Imagine one day you receive a letter from town council that says "Due to increase in our labour cost, we are sorry to hike the conservancy bill. But don't fret, now we can chat happily in singlish with our neighbourhood street sweeper because they are locals! yeah!"

We don't have the critical mass to self-sustain at all levels. So... I doubt such a ruling will come into effect. Anyway what is new with Malaysia instituting protectionist policies. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.