Foreign Electricity Converter - which switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi people, need your help again.

I just bought electricity converter so that I can use an appliance which requires power supply of AC 100-120V.

At the back of the converter, there is this switch with toggles between "IN: AC 110V" and "IN: AC 220V"

Which one?

Thanks for helping a poor soul who knows nuts about this ... :embrass:

You should switch to "IN: AC 220V" for singapore.... "IN: AC 110V" is for US or Europe.

You should switch to "IN: AC 220V" for singapore.... "IN: AC 110V" is for US or Europe.
Most countries in Europe are using 220V!!!!
Not 110V, don't know where you got this?????

You can blow up the whole thing! Don't tell wrong things if you are not sure regarding electricity

HS

LOL adam now get google treatment.
I got shocked reading "Foreign Electricity Converter" like er... is the cable run from johor or bintan to singapore? LOL
By the way that is called transformer, or more accurately AC transformer.

Most countries in Europe are using 220V!!!!
Not 110V, don't know where you got this?????

You can blow up the whole thing! Don't tell wrong things if you are not sure regarding electricity

HS
LOL, you won't blow up the whole thing, if you accidentally use 220V on a 110V appliance. Your circuit protection will trip first due to over load.

And even if there's no protection, your appliance will still work fine. This is voltage. Not current. Only when you use the wrong current rating you will damage your appliance.;)

Reno mentioned US OR Europe. He didn't say Europe alone. :) Some places still use 110V

Last edited:
I got shocked reading "Foreign Electricity Converter" like er... is the cable run from johor or bintan to singapore? LOL
That is right, transformer is used to step up or step down voltage.

Heeheehee..... kind of funny that the usual "Go Google this Google that" or "Go Search this Search that'' ClubSNAP-er didn't said anything..... :bsmilie:

Only Newbies kena from them.....

Btw TS...... alot of modern chargers and/or electric devices are now use mutil type of voltage.....

Last edited:
Heeheehee..... kind of funny that the usual "Go Google this Google that" or "Go Search this Search that'' ClubSNAP-er didn't said anything..... :bsmilie:

Only Newbies kena from them.....
Not true, I did that with Adam on purpose cause he is not a newbie and it's not excusable :bsmilie::bsmilie:

But it was to the wrong person, Adam wasn't asking for which countries use what voltage, my fault.

Anyway, true that voltage won't blow up the thing, it will just work faster (or slower), just wanted send warning, cause I am always worried about electricity, been putting my fingers into a 110V socket in Indo before when I was 4-5 years or so.........:sweatsm:

Friends,
Please note if the wrong voltage is used, you can blow up the gear. There can be irrepairable damage to the equipment.
So it is best to get it right.
Cheers

Anyway, true that voltage won't blow up the thing, it will just work faster (or slower), just wanted send warning, cause I am always worried about electricity, been putting my fingers into a 110V socket in Indo before when I was 4-5 years or so.........:sweatsm:

Indonesia is a bit weird, depending where you are.
But mostly now if not wrong are 220V already.

TS, if you are not sure, why don't you get those 110V~240V converters?

Indonesia is a bit weird, depending where you are.
But mostly now if not wrong are 220V already.
Look at my age in my Clubsnap profile........it was a loooong way back in time

I think putting a 220V item into a 110V socket is ok, it will only work slower

I was still young and didn't understand how dangerous electricity can be then, I remember my finger got stucked inside the wall socket for a few seconds till I managed to pull it out.......I can still remember it now (current was low I guess), 110V is safe!!!! 220 NOT! :bsmilie:

HS

Last edited:
Look at my age in my Clubsnap profile........it was a loooong way back in time

I think putting a 220V item into a 110V socket is ok, it will only work slower

I was still young and didn't understand how dangerous electricity can be then, I remember my finger got stucked inside the wall socket for a few seconds till I managed to pull it out.......I can still remember it now (current was low I guess), 110V is safe!!!! 220 NOT! :bsmilie:

HS
OT: Sorry, are you really 97 years old this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.