Forced donations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT-Fied

Deregistered
Jan 11, 2009
In e Western part of SINGAPORE
Hi guys, just wondering... have u all ever been "forced" to make a donation because it would "benefit" u in the long run?

Give you this scenario, Mr J working in a well known educational institue was asked to make a monthly contribution for institution's donation fund. The purpose of this fund is for scholarships and busuraies and such and has nothing to do with the needy or less fortunate.
Mr J then asked is it ok if staff were not to donate, manager said to him " Sure you can go ahead and do that but don't expect to get a good apraisal come bonus time"

Since when were giving donations compulsory in order to get a good grade on one's apraisal??? I find it ridiculous!!!??? What do u think??

Corporate culture.

Or if u like it plainly, corporate bullshit.

Hi guys, just wondering... have u all ever been "forced" to make a donation because it would "benefit" u in the long run?

Give you this scenario, Mr J working in a well known educational institue was asked to make a monthly contribution for institution's donation fund. The purpose of this fund is for scholarships and busuraies and such and has nothing to do with the needy or less fortunate.
Mr J then asked is it ok if staff were not to donate, manager said to him " Sure you can go ahead and do that but don't expect to get a good apraisal come bonus time"

Since when were giving donations compulsory in order to get a good grade on one's apraisal??? I find it ridiculous!!!??? What do u think??

Mr JT-Fied?

:bsmilie:

so ur boss not giving u good appraisal? if your 'manager' is your principal, guess suck thumb is your next best alternative.

don fret man, my company oso like dat. on top of the monthly direct compulsory deductions for some charity, we have yearly president's challenge collections as well...and each of us have to collect/donate a minimum of sgd30, no exceptions. its not much, but its the principle. so, every year, i just giv face and put in sgd5. and i told the collection officer that if he thinks my donation is too low, i can always take it back. if they are thankful even for sgd0.10, i will definitely give more, but the problem with these ah bengs is they make me donate...which i don like, so i don do.

Last edited:
I know there are many other organisations who do that... but i just find it ridiculous that after the NKF golden tap scandal... we are still being forced to donate to a cause which doesn even seem proper... shouldn't donations be willing and for a good cause?? I can't imagine if i have to fork out a monthly donation so that my job and future wun be affected... what sort of a world are we living in now if so called donations are becoming forced

Mindset have to change.

These are not really "donations".

These are "CPF" (Cutting Pay to Fund).... Boss face. :D

Me? Dun bother and not bothered.

In the first place, why even go and ask your boss about it? :bsmilie: Its almost like shining the spotlight on urself and telling cops, "HEY! I'M A THIEF! COME CATCH MEEEEEE!!!!!!"
Just don't bother the next time and hit delete, don't even read it.

And as an added precaution, always keep your dollar notes hidden. Just leave a few coins in your wallet ALL THE TIME.

Every now and then, my colleagues will pass me his sons/daughters school's fund raising card to get donations.....well....out of peer pressure....I simply cannot turn him down...LLBP...破财挡灾 :thumbsd:

Haha! It's such an oxy-moron! Forced donations... lol...

That said, reminds me when I was in NS when I was asked to go for an optional meeting, and that attendance was compulsory... lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.